Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell motion sensitivity adjustment

I just got an Arlo Audio Doorbell. I need to be able to adjust the motion detection. Large vehicles trigger the doorbell as well as pedestrians on the sidewalk. I would like to turn the sensitivity down.
It would be nice to have a notification as somebody is approaching the door. What I don't want is notifications when cars and pedestrians are passing by.
Comments
tlmansfield
Novice

Same here - it picks up every car that drives by. Now I ignore all motion notifications on it and thus it becomes useless as a notification that someone is actually approaching the house.

It really needs to have sensitivity adjustments just like the cameras do.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

DavyG69
Fledgling
Would love to be able to adjust the sensitivity on this. It falsely notifies me a lot. Hope to see a fix soon.
WH18
Fledgling

I'm getting notifications when cars go by too. There needs to be a way to adjust the sensitivity or this is just a useless function. 

IOTGuy
Onlooker

I agree, and feel exactly the same way. 

already have a Ring Floodlight Cam that records all motion, so I really wanted something that would only alert me when someone was actually/really at the door, since my Floodlight Cam can't because it would be notifying me all the time (as is this now, so it defeats the purpose for which I bought it).  It's a shame, because the concept of this product is awesome, but much better than the actual practical implementation. 

I love when things are touchy and accurate, but this thing actually fires notifications even when there is absolutely NO motion whatsoever (and this is verified).

I hope they can find a way to fix this via software, or at least let us know if that's not possible.

martinhj
Apprentice

I need this feature also

JHEIC
Fledgling

I sure hope there is a fix soon.  I get notifications when vehicles go by and the street is 25'+ from the doorbell, quite annoying.  I'm considering returning this and getting something more useful.

Tobsta
Guide

if possible it would be great to adjust sensitivity of the movement detection of doorbell as trigger for recording with the connected cam

IOTGuy
Onlooker

My problem is that it would shoot me notifications even when I had it upside down in a cabinet where there was clearly no motion.  That's the only problem I've had with it, but it's a big one.  Don't use it anymore now -- might just get Arlo Ultra, but this makes me lose a little bit of faith in them, which I've always had a great deal of.

Come on Arlo......we are all saying the same thing, Ring allows this option so it shouldn’t be impossible to implement, if you look back through the comments it was nearly a year ago a moderator said they would look into this and keep the group updated....you need to up your game!! And whilst your making theses improvements  can you add an option to create your own message response rather than stick with the stand Arlo options, not all of us live in the same style houses!!