Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disarmed Notification for a certain amount of time

I would love an option where arlo would remind me when my cameras are disarmed for a certain amount of time.  I often disarm my cameras when I am out shoveling the drive way or mowing the lawn.  I often forget to re-arm the cameras when I am done and miss recording activity.  It would be great to have an option to have arlo send me a notification if my camera has been disarmed for more than X hours.

Comments
ther
Onlooker
Wonder if it is for some type of subscription only? I am in the free tier.
Dbensette
Luminary

Maybe? I do have the arlo smart premier subscription...

I see it.  Sadly it is at the application level, so muting would happen for all devices at all locations being monitored by the app rather than at the device level.  Also, since the muting appears to be at the notification level, I assume the cameras are still armed, recording and using battery.  One of the major factors people cited was to avoid wasting battery and avoid unnecessary recording. I don’t think anyone requested purely turning off notifications and certainly not for the entire app which could be monitoring not only many cameras, but several different physical locations which could be many miles always.

A447084C-17C4-4289-BA8D-3EA410AA40AA.png

ther
Onlooker

fwiw, @AncientGeek I prefer that the recording happens but I don't need to be notified when I know there will be motion detected. This is just in case there is some issue when the kids have returned from school, and I need some evidence. 

Do you also have some paid subscription plan? 

bowen1977
Onlooker

Android has had the option to snooze notifications for a while. It used to work with Arlo, but one of the Arlo application upgrades broke this. You can select to snooze the alert, but it doesn't work. Has to do with how the notifications come into the phone (at least on Android). I'm curious to know if the iOS notifications work. 

For my purpose, I want notifications to just be snoozed for 30m\1hr - specifically if people are working in my yard or my home. I still want recordings to happen in case I need to check activity, I just don't want to be alerted every 15 seconds. 

This discussion should be in the community forum under one of the platforms even though an app topic would be better.  I’ve started a thread under the Pro2 community.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Mute-Notifications-now-available-but-not-useful-for-for-man...

Skking11
Fledgling

You're diluting the discussion by creating your own thread. This is a basic function and deserves the attention of arlo. Please keep this thread running until it's fixed 

Bikespace
Aspirant

I’ve paid 800 quid for a cctv system so far. If they’re going to start charging for basic functionality, I’ll sell up and move on.

Dbensette
Luminary

Must be something arlo is playing around with...?

The new option disappeared sometime today...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A few of you sharp-eyed Arlo users may have spotted the soon-to-be launched “mute notifications” feature. Our team is excited at your enthusiasm for this new feature! It is still in development and we look forward to its forthcoming release so stay tuned.

Thank you,

Arlo Team