Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disarmed Notification for a certain amount of time

I would love an option where arlo would remind me when my cameras are disarmed for a certain amount of time.  I often disarm my cameras when I am out shoveling the drive way or mowing the lawn.  I often forget to re-arm the cameras when I am done and miss recording activity.  It would be great to have an option to have arlo send me a notification if my camera has been disarmed for more than X hours.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @skingspan,

Thanks for posting your idea.  The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

LandToSea
Guide

3 years later and this is still not addressed? This is insane. If 25 people post you can assume 100 fold agree. I have 3 weeks left to return to Costco and as of now I most likely am. This "cry wolf" security system is near useless as is.

alikhad
Aspirant

A notification snooze button is VERY much needed.  If my wife or myself is working in the driveway, I get notifications every 20sec, very annoying.  We need to be able to snooze notification for 5,15,30min,1hr,4hr,8hr. etc.  I still want it to record, i just dont want the notifcation for that set amount of time. 

Please make this option happen.  I have a Ring Doorbell, and they have this option and it works great.  If anyone from Arlo is reading this, just find someone with a ring doorbell and have them show the feature to you, then duplicate it.  This seems to be a simple feature to add and something that is very strange to be missing from this product/app.  PLEASE PLEASE ADD!!!!

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

Zerophi
Novice

****PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE**** Ring has this feature, its a simple "Snooze notification" code for the app. If other compaines have it then it's an easy addtion to the software. Please the 50 or so notifications a day is insane. 

It seems like the use case for this would be largely negated if the temporary disarm feature was implemented.  We wouldn’t need to disarm our systems permanently and then have a reminder that they are disarmed, if we had the “snooze” functionality.

Brandyofvenus
Onlooker

I agree 100 fold. I have cameras all around the house. My family and I spent the day working in the yard and had over 1700 notifications. It would be great to pause the notifications for a while. As many have stated Ring has this feature. I set up Amazon cloud cam for my mother and it has the feature. Please tell me I did not do wrong with purchasing Arlo 5 cameras. If so, I’ll gladly resale at a fraction of the price and purchase a device that has the option needed. This is ludicrous it isn’t an option and was requested 4 years ago. It would be a shame to lose people to other cameras because they have better software. 

tpeterson101
Novice

This feature would work well if there was the ability to disarm completely or disarm for a time period. Please incorportate this feature.

HopelessArloQ
Aspirant

Arlo dev, this has to be added. At least make your app compatible to the in-built android/ ios snooze feature. 

Bikespace
Aspirant

Such a popular request, and an apparently obvious requirement. 

Ive stopped expanding with Arlo for this very reason. 

Geolocation is usable to a certain extent, but the snooze feature is sorely needed. It’s a shame - Arlo is NOT listening.