Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disable "Leave a message" feature on Doorbell

It would be great if you could turn off the "Leave a Message" feature of the doorbell.

This could also be Geo-fence based?

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Implemented

This feature is implemented on Arlo Audio Doorbell, Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell and Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell.

To enable/disable the "Leave your message" feature, go to the Arlo iOS/Android app > Settings > My Devices > Choose your Arlo Audio or Video Doorbell > Call Settings > Toggle on/off "Leave your message". You can also refer to this article here: How do I receive phone calls or voice messages from my Arlo Doorbell? 

markcrim
Initiate

There is no way to make it stop talking to your visitors and asking them to leave a message? Not even the pretense of one in the web app. In the Android app, there is a setting that looks relevant and Arlo reps say it's for turning off leave-a-message functionality, but it doesn't actually do that. I just want the thing to be available for live viewing, to record videos on motion detect, and to ring my mechanical chime when pressed. The user experience engineering on this device is the worst I have ever encountered. The security of the apps is like we're trying to get into Fort Knox -- two factors, new login needed 12x/day, etc. It's a doorbell!!!!