Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Different profiles in geofencing mode

Hi.

I want you guys to update the mobile app so that you have different profiles in Geofencing. When its cloudy outside my cameras reacts good at sensitivity around 39% but when the sun is low the camera is way to sensitive. Now is an example, I have it at 39% but it picks up cars driving 20-30 meters away from my house but at night  39% is more like 3-5 meters close to my front door. 

Maybe if you press geofencing there should be an prompt that you can (if you want to) set up profiles depends on how sensitive your gear should be.

//Rob

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @varulF

Have you tried to use the scheduling feature to change the times/sensitivity a camera records at?

justason
Observer

I suggest ANYONE that is disliking this geofence feature open a case with ARLO.   I'm sure they "monitor" these communities,   but cases are track-able, measurable and reported as open or closed to management.     I'm sure a bonus is based on it even.    you wont get spammed cause they keep pushing the matter aside....

varulF
Follower

Hi both of you. Havent checked this thread for a long time.

ive still got the same problem but solved it by disable the alarm a couple is hours when the sun is low. 

but ive got some new things that makes me mad.

1st. When speaking to the camera the app pauses the audio for a couple of seconds so I wont pick up the answers for the people I speak to. Wasnt like that before.

2. App keeps loosing my wifes whereabouts so she keeps triggering the alarm even tough she is in the zone.

have a good one!

justason
Observer

Well, this situation has gone from worse to even more worse.

The person that is receiving my GEOFENCE alerts bought a new phone, trashed his old one.     HIS NEW PHONE SELF POPULATED IN MY GEOFENCE ACCOUNT !!!      He is still receiving my alerts.     essentially making GEOFENCE a useless feature.......which ironically is the feature I nought this camera system for !!

Please open a case on this.....FORCE ARLO to make a change.   reference my case #41493427