Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Separate notifications for each Arlo product

Do you know if there are plans to add seperate notifications by product? ie. notification for security lights, cameras. it would be nice to be to set a separate notification for each one so you know what set the alert off.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Nashkidd,

Could you explain more about needing separate notifications by product? You should be able to get separate notifications via push notifications or email notifications when motion was detected on certain products, whether it's Arlo Security Lights, cameras, etc.

Nashkidd
Aspirant
the notification alerts need to be by device and not for the overall acct. example you have 4 lights and 4 camera's. you need to be able to set a different alert tone for each device so you know which device set the notification off if you dont have your phone close by. like on your phone, a text, email or app can have its each alert tone so you know with out looking and know by the tone.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We don't have any information regarding having separate notifications by product. However, it is an idea that our development team can look at. I am moving your post to the Arlo Idea Exchange board so the Arlo development team can review which feature the community would like to see implemented. We appreciate the idea and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

NBR4
Novice

It would be helpful to be able to turn off push notifications for specific cameras or groups of cameras or for base station/camera systems.  I have a shared view of a family member's system and would like to continue receiving push notifications for my own system but not theirs while they continue to receive push notifications.

MehiVP
Novice

I have a Caravan Park and use the Arlo cameras to alert me if unwanted wanderers are prowling around the park during the night/early hours.  I get the push notifications to my phone and am pretty quick to get up and try locate these people... due to the horrible lag on time from notification to playback I find myself playing a game of chase trying to find them around the park (have 10 cameras in total)... It would be handy if we could allocate different sounds to different cameras so I know where to head when they go past the cameras rather than waiting close to a minute to be able to view the footage.  Any suggestions would be great

Thanx

TomMac
Guru

Don't the names of the cameras come up in the push ??

Jobesh
Tutor
Would be nice to have push notification control for individual cameras instead of all/base station.
StephenB
Guru

I agree, this would be a nice feature.  It would also be nice to automatically suppress notifications when they occur in rapid succession.  

HNIC74
Initiate

I feel as if it needs to be much easier to enable or disable motion detection on individual cameras. For example, if I am entertaining in the back yard, I want motion detection off and motion detection enabled on my front door cam. I understand that I can create a custom mode, however, it would be much more practical to be able to do this from a toggle switch in a menu. Thank You.