Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Develop Arlo Apps for Mac

Please develop apps for app formatted computers like Mac. 

I want to turn off 2 step verification on my Mac as I have on my iPad & Samsung Galaxy 7, but can't turn it off on the computer.  I check my Arlo Pro 2 wildlife cameras on my Mac at least a dozen times a day and the 2 step verification is annoying, time consuming and totally unnecessary.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

jdigriz
Fledgling

The Arlo IOS app worked just fine on my Mac for months until they updated it and I couldn't side load the app any longer. Please make the app available to download for the new Macs!

jdigriz
Fledgling

Please allow the IOS Arlo app to be downloaded for the new M1 Macs! I was running the Arlo IOS app v2.22.5 and it ran just fine till you updated it and I couldn't side load or download the new version!

TomMac
Guru

Have you tried your browser to.  My.Arlo.com

jdigriz
Fledgling

Yes, that is what I'm using and it is horrific compared to using the app. No devices show up in the devices section. You can't adjust settings in the settings, there's no notifications, pretty much all you can do is see the library and to do that you have to go through the annoying as f***k 2 factor identification. At least on the app you can trust the device.

StephenB
Guru

@txtreehugger wrote:

Please allow the IOS Arlo app to be downloaded for the new M1 Macs! I was running the Arlo IOS app v2.22.5 and it ran just fine till you updated it and I couldn't side load or download the new version!

Apple disabled side-loading last January.  Does the process here work?  https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/install-any-ios-app-m1-mac/

FWIW, it looks like all that is required is for Arlo to publish the app in the Mac store.

jdigriz
Fledgling

No, that is how I got the Arlo app on the first time. I just tried again to see if there are any changes and it still doesn't work. When you try to install the file it comes up with a dialog telling you the developer doesn't want you to install this app.

From what I understand, all the developer has to do is click a check box to allow the app to be downloaded from the Mac App Store. I know it runs, I was running it just fine for months. I'm just asking them to allow downloads.