Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dark mode for App

A dislike with the app is the bright white interface that is like looking into the sun when woken up at 3am. I suggest a option for a darker interface for the Arlo app to make viewing the cameras and reviewing recorded footage easier at night.

Comments
julman
Aspirant

I second a Dark Mode for the mobile Arlo app!! The white is very blinding when viewing at night, and the contrast makes it difficult to see details. Also if Expanded, to the only dark mode available, then you're unable to swipe to the next video and need to return back to the Library. This is my biggest pet peeve with the app.

GeorgeSP wrote:

A dislike with the app is the bright white interface that is like looking into the sun when woken up at 3am. I suggest a option for a darker interface for the Arlo app to make viewing the cameras and reviewing recorded footage easier at night.

Sdp77
Novice

Dark Mode should be the most urgent update for apps, I’m so close to just stopping using it, as it’s way to bright at night 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Mhoffert724
Aspirant

Yeah Arlo doesn’t seem to care about blinding its user when their baby makes up at 4 in the morning. 

MAKE THE UPDATE ALREADY! 

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice

Yes, that'd be great, thanks!

Walkingdisease
Fledgling

Dark mode is a must for night viewing. Incredibly important

gotosteve
Novice

Why is the background on the software white? At night it's distracting from the image. Even in the day, it's not helping. At least give us a choice. Dark should be a no-brainer, especially for something that may be left on at night.

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice

Please, when will see see a dark mode option for Arlo smart apps (iOS, Android) and web?  Sites like Youtube, Twitter, reddit and others have had a dark mode feature for quite some time, and I'm not a paying customer to any of them.  

Benjaminmumford
Aspirant

It would be great if the Arlo App could support iOS 13 Dark Mode. The app is blindingly bright at night time when trying to check the baby monitor and would be nice to be able to have it a bit easier to see at night. (Integration with it being automatic/ with system settings would work best). 

MisterPB
Onlooker
Apple released iOS 13 update SEP 19,19 implementing dark mode option a time frame to implement dark mode for the app would be considerably nice to know from Arlo.