Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Mdbbhale
Novice
Will we ever be able to change the push notifications on IOS?
jguerdat
Guru

Ask Apple.

tregeo
Onlooker

This thread is getting long!! Let me add my voice to the chorus. I have just bought a 4 x camera Arlo set and am very pleased with it. Until now that is... !!

The notification sound simply must be modified. I am a fan of Apple products and at this point will either have to change from Apple or get my money back on the Arlo setup. I think I would favour Apple and have to give up on Arlo. Seems such a pity that Arlo can't get their head around such a simple issue. I have plenty other 'non-important' apps which make all sorts of unique and 'loud' noises, but the very one which needs to be loud is not enough to wake me.

Very serious oversight. Please Arlo, can you respond. Is there any hope that you will update the app with a louder sound for ios users?

tregeo
Onlooker

Just noticed someone above has asked the same question. The answer 'ask Apple' is simply not good enough.

Apple have had policies in place for a long time. I imagine that the onus is on the app producer to fit in with the ios ecosystem... not the other way round. Arlo are little fish when compared to Apple. If Arlo only really care about Android users, then they should say so on the box. These products are not cheap and if Apple users are going to be so severely disadvantaged, then we all need to take to social media and warn potential purchasers.  Seems like enough of us have been caught already!

Please, can we have an official Arlo answer.  Otherwise, I will be back to the retailer. Does anyone know whether the Swan version of this product is any better on this point?

Mn1000
Fledgling

This is my biggest criticism of the product - I didn't spot it when I bought it otherwise I'd have gone elsewhere.

Look guys forget all the clever scope creep suggestions, the primary function for which most people will buy this  product is to ALERT them QUICKLY when there's a problem at home.

Arlo notification sound iPhone 7 uses the same default 'note' sound that is used for incoming texts.

Why on earth cannot we have the ability to set up a sound of our own choosing which grabs out ATTENTION ?!

It's a massive oversight of logic and mars an otherwise sweet little product.

Jozipp
Fledgling

It seems all the comments and requests for getting Netgear to add a custom alert feature to IOS devices has been ignored for years. In todays market when the consumer has so many purchase choices for security cameras with a variety of sub-choices, Netgear Arlo has made it clear custom alert sounds is not important to THEM! I just don't get it! Flash is dead for browsers but Arlo still requests it! Alerts not customizable on IOS - really! How hard can these things be to remedy? Now is the time for the Arlo IOS app to get custom alert sounds, why won't the folks at Arlo Support even address it after all these years of complaints and requests? Does this say someting about their team and its connection to its consumers?

Lilypad
Novice
Can you customise sound of push notifications for iPhone?
brh
Master
Master

@Lilypad

Not that I know of.

Brian

I looked at iOS settings for both sounds and Arlo and also can't see anything there for customizing Arlo notification sounds.

asafayan
Aspirant

Years later and no progress.  I’m done with Arlo.  Time to sell my two base stations and dozen cameras and move to Ring.  This company will not last with this level of disregard to customer needs.  Adios Arlo.