Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Oakland
Novice
This was requested in January- common guys! This should have been fixed! Let us customize alert tones!
Bschneidz
Onlooker
Needs to be done asap
loijebor
Fledgling
It would be really helpful!
loijebor
Fledgling
Yes, this would be most helpful!
JamesC
Community Manager

Great suggestion!  Thank you for the feedback!

mecdatlanta
Aspirant

Yes, please roll this out. I was so looking forward to an improved android app. Although it is much improved over the VueZone offering, it still lacks in usability. I need to be alerted when motion is detected. With the way the alerts work now, I am alerted much later and only if I happen to glance at my phone to see that I received an email. The alert from the app isn't cutting it.

Jognils
Fledgling

It would be helpful to have a setting in the settings menu to change the notification sound on your mobile device like you would for incoming texts or calls.  Maybe other users don't have this issue, but my Moto G uses the default text/notification sound for Arlo's motion detection alerts, which I can't distinguish from notifications from other apps.  Ideally I should even be able to set different sounds for different cameras so that I can tell the difference between someone walking up to my front door and opening the back gate without looking.

JamesC
Community Manager

Jognils,

Thank you for the feedback and welcome to the community! We greatly appreciate your contribution!

Ghepburn
Aspirant

Someone within Netgear must be remunerated to look after these aspects of the product. I myself realized that I needed such a function before I even bought the product and that is how I ended on this blog. Sad to find out that the function is lacking, that the programmers were not astute enough to think about it in the first place and above all that they are not bothering to rectify ……. On a high note it is comforting to understand that there is always a “gap in the market”…..

Ozone333
Novice
I agree Need an alert or call the phone option too. Can you design a camera with listening too. 👍