Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments

Fix this crap this system is expensive I just changed to iPhone and need this to work.  Sending emails is a crappy work around because it takes anywhere from a few seconds to over 30 seconds to get the text notifications are much faster.

RightAwey
Fledgling

Yes please!  I like the boy who cried wolf analogy.  Enabling each camera to have a unique notification sound would go a long way towards eliminating complacency from repeat notifications.  Thank you!

ElDeeBee
Onlooker

Just adding my agreement to the fray.  Nice system, easy to set up, great picture quality.  However, the fact that the audible notification on my iPhone sounds like just about everything else on my phone makes it nearly worthless.  Please consider adding the ability to change the notification sound to something that is more likely to actually alert us iPhone users.  Thank you.

PedalToTheMetal
Aspirant

Agreed, a customizable alert feature is absolutely mandatory!

Jiminator
Tutor

Have to totally agree here.  Having a distinctive tone set for the notification would greatly enhance this system.

Maxroadster
Fledgling

My current Samsung Galaxy as well as my previous Blackberry were able to bypass the "Do Not Disturb" by going into notifications and resetting "Sounds and Notifications."  The reader might want to check with their carrier or phone provider as to how best to customize their current settings.  In as much as I have a 60% hearing loss I have to rely on additional notifications.  I don't know about other guys but I carry my cell phone in my right pants pocket inside a scabard and regardless of whether it rings or vibrates I know I have some sort of message.  I have reset my notification warning to Laser Pulse (mid range pitch) which I still sometimes miss but I never miss the vibration!  I have used my Bluetooth ear bud with good success when I can't carry my cell phone but then distance separation becomes an issue.  Good luck to you.

Sparda
Fledgling

A very useful feature would be to allow us to set a different notification sound for different types of events as well as for individual cameras.

For instance, allowing to set a different notification sound for geofencing Home and Away modes. Sometimes the app has delays setting geofencing mode and it would be very useful to have a specific notification sound to keep me alert on the geofencing status.

Also, Being able to easily distinguish between when my exterior cameras vs interior cameras are triggered.  Some exterior cameras are a much lower priority than my interior cameras. Having a different notification sound for each one would make it much easier to determine what is happening.

Finally and the most useful, with more granular notification settings, having a different sound for geofencing status changes and movement alerts is VERY important. Many times, the app delays the notification after leaving geofencing . Sometimes when I hear the notification sound, it is just the geofencing status changing and I think not to check the notification. Having a different sound for alarms vs geofencing status changes will be very useful and improve clarity regarding the types of events that are occuring.

jp22
Aspirant

I can't say anything new about this issue - the notifications, as they are, are not enough to alert you when you are sleeping and are not distinguishable from other notifications even if you're not asleep.  Single woman here, can't have a dog, would like some pre-warning about motion detected in the middle of the night (even if it is a possum).  Are we missing some tech challenge here?  I also have a Ring unit and there was no issue about changing the notification alerts.  I'm new to the Arlo Pro2 and yes, it is pricey, but has been a breeze to set up and I'm amazed at the quality of the video.  This just seems like an easy solve that has been asked for by a number of customers...

Jadarve
Aspirant
I guess it would be a great idea for Arlo to have a difference sound for Arlo Pro 2 alerts from other not so important notifications... I guess iOS can’t give me the option....
TomMac
Guru

Not an option in iOS yet... only in Android