Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Jake2Canoes
Aspirant

Just got ripped off again due to not waking up from notifications.  Can I change the tone and volume?  Purchased this year and updated app/firmware/software.

philbyrd
Novice

A solution of sorts for iPhone users...

I just went through the whole process of trying to set alerts on my iPhone.  Frustrating. 

However, Alexa to the rescue.  My bedside Amazon device announces very loudly that the Arlo has been triggered.  Just set up in your Alexa app and at least takes care of the issue when you are in range of a Amazon device.

Working on Alexa also turning on bedside light with an Arlo motion trigger.

mdh42
Aspirant

Nice work around. But still a work around. 

WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO CHANGE ALERT TONES!

LornaA
Guide

It doesn’t seem to matter how many times users complain about not being able to change alert notification sounds. Arlo keeps updating and/or introducing new hardware without addressing past issues. I’ve never seen any responses from them about the alerts. I’ve already had 3 friends ask me about this system and I have warned all of them about this issue. Arlo has lost 3 sales so far.

asmadking
Initiate

Yes, there are 46 pages of complaints about the same thing, and I think about this every time I get an email notifying me of some new, fabulous hardware they are introducing. Now the question is: what's a better alternative? Does anyone know of any competitor systems that provide a better user experience? Maybe if we start that discussion here, someone will listen... and I seriously want to know.

Jake2Canoes
Aspirant

Looks like the message is the same.  We're screwed and ignored on the alert issue.  I guess I will continue to watch videos of us being ripped off and wish I could have changed the alerts.  I think pressing and advertising by word of mouth about his may, just maybe, get them to revisit their software.  Thanks all for you input. I'm not alone!

P.S. In the electrical supply business.  I was showing one of our customers (they sell an install professional systems) the Arlo system.  They actually called be back later looking for more information.  I think I will share this now.  

dmcllstr
Fledgling

I totally agree the alert needs to be different and louder.  I have missed several alerts because I'm out where its a little noisy and my iphone volume is turned all the way up and I can't hear my alert.  I have the Arlo Pro 2 and like it other than this problem and the fact that I wish it would also record longer if something were to happen.

Reese5588
Aspirant

Hi

When are we going to be able to change sound of Arlo notification on IPhone, when i get an alert i want to know striaght away,  when it is the same sound as other notification, alert can be easily missed. This should be a must fix as it works on android.

Larjed
Novice

Is there a way to change the notification sound on the iPhone on the Arlo app? Anybody???
I seen a community two years ago talk about this subject and said it’s on Android and coming (soon) to iOS!
Nothing yet ... it’s 2019!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Larjed

Custom notifications within the app are currently not available at the moment.