Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
cwhittaker
Aspirant

WOW I had no idea Netgear was so inept. They ignore requests for fixes from their customers.  I will be returning my Arlo Pro as it’s a waste of money without customizable Alerts that can actually be heard and a working mike with sound that will actually allow me to speak back and forth with someone at my door.  Pretty important I’d say. Many other brands out there to choose from, keep it up Netgear you’ll be out of business real soon. 

mullthing
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Just returned my Arlo Pro.  No matter how hard I try, I cannot get the alerts to get loud enough.  Great product otherwise, but if you are asleep, I cannot imagine the alerts waking one up.

Pshull
Follower

Just purchased and installed my system and I am very pleased except with the notification sound. I am shocked with all this technology I can have an iPhone and CAN’T customize my notification sound. VERY disappointed. Any updates on when this will happen?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

sn0wballz
Star

@ShayneS seems thats as good as any response I've gotten to this thread. Does this mean it will be moving out of "new ideas" and into Future Consideration?

Juliet011
Fledgling

@ShayneS   why doesn't Netgear consider the many requests for a customizable alert notification as a top priority??  I do not hear the alert notifications as many other customers have expressed what a MAJOR problem this is.  This should be fixed ASAP.  What's it going to take?  Is Arlo going under and we just don't know it yet??  

roberttalbot
Observer

ARlo GO..So bloody annoyed I bought this camera, only to find I cant give it different notification sound to my Arlo Qs..they say you can on android..buggered if i can find it...help please anyone..

Tom06
Apprentice
I think this may be a limitation of i0S 12. Apple would need to change ther iPhone software to give an option for different sounds. Is that correct?
glennforeman
Novice

The alert sound on Ios is definitely inadequate for this app.  I sure hope this is addressed soon.  I changed all of the other alerts on my Iphone to be very different sounds, so at least I can recognize when the alerts are coming from arlo, but the alert needs to be able to be a more "severe" one.

sn0wballz
Star

Okay now it just seems like we are being trolled. NetGear revamped their Arlo app but we still don’t have the option to change the sound. I guess changing the icon of the app was more important than listening to your customer concerns. I give up!