Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Jiminator
Tutor

I would hope that they could include this option as they are currently working on the fix to get notifications working on iOS period!

Something like the current weather apps give you when there is a storm warning.  Seems to me this would be a pretty simple fix.  This is a SECURITY product after all!

Toki39
Follower
It would be awesome to be able to set up individual alerts for each camera so by just hearing the alert or seeing the led color blinking you know which camera has detected motion/audio, I have some cameras set up where no motion should be detected unless somebody was inside the house and different alert for that would be very handy as opposed to the same alert for all cameras. Thanks
nancymc
Novice

great idea

BuilderEd
Novice

I have an Arlo Go.  I am using it as a security camera.  Really need to have ability to change the push notification sound.  Critical to have this feature if using as a security camera.  One sound at night is not loud enough to hear.

fuzz23
Star
I'm not unterstanding how the kudos helping this to add such an important feature? Anyone wants it and says DO IT... but after a while, a new Thread started or moved by the Support Team and the say again "give them kudos". So this Feature Request has been ignored for years and they're joking us by starting new threads and removing the old ones. i think.... come one guys from netgear arlo team. Integrate such a simple feature "push notification sounds" to your app!
kent141
Follower

PROBLEM - Your default push notification sound is TOO SHORT, and NOT LOUD ENOUGH. If I am sleeping, or there are other ambient sounds present, I often don’t get to hear the push notification. Consequently, any related text message that might follow it, often gets mistaken for a typical caller‘s text message, which often goes unread until a more convenient time. Therefore, timely action can not be taken in real-time if an intruder is present. According to your “Arlo Community” web page, the “Android” type phones DO allow the user to change the push notification sound in your app, but the IOS devices do not. Also according to the Community pages, this deficiency is being worked on by you, but still hasn’t been implemented. This could also be corrected by having your push notification sent out via a standard telephone number, so long as that number is the same phone number every time. Until you rectify this situation, I get heart palpitations every time any text message comes in because I’m using the email text forwarding feature to supplement your insufficient notification sound.

Lilia
Aspirant

I agree that would be very helpful

Lilia
Aspirant

I need to reset my base station is offline not sure if power outage or internet outage but is there a way to reset it ones power is restore??? I am 80 miles away

Engadin
Onlooker

Today I made a phone call to my arlo netgear service here in Europe.

The guy on the phone said that there are only a few customers complaining about this obviously not so important issue. 

I do not expect a solution.

I have to admit that I temporarily lost my temper and usually mild manners.

I started to write reviews mentioning this problem at German amazon and Swiss digitec, where I bought my set.

i also wrote in the westion section of Digitec and Amazon describing the problem and asking for a solution.

Only when these folks loose business they will act, I'm afraid.

Go ahead, do write reviews at amazon & elsewhere.

Engadin
Onlooker

I just wrote a message to Matthew Mcrae, desrbing the problem, which, imo, makes an alarm system pretty useless.

Maybe this will help.

Cheers from Engadin.