Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
sn0wballz
Star

Also @JamesC what's the process for getting ideas from "New" to "Future Consideration?"

sn0wballz
Star

Please visit this thread and give it kudos to support the effort of adding different notification sounds to the Arlo iphone app:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Change-iOS-app-notification-sound/idi-p/1476238

sn0wballz
Star

It's been a few years and at least on the iphone we can't change the alert sound. Please visit the thread below and give it kudos to support adding this functionality to the iphone since it appears it's the only thing we can do.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Change-iOS-app-notification-sound/idi-p/1476238

Tranp10
Initiate

This is disappointing. I own both Arlo and Ring. Ring has a unique alert tone for motions long before. They also recently added a option in the Ring app where you could change the tones for the phone notification. There is a variety of tones from dog barking to sirens. There is even a alert that says: a person is detected. It seems Ring keeps adding more features to their app unlike the Arlo app.  

sn0wballz
Star

@Tranp10I didn't think about the possibilities of what the tones could be considering I just want a different sound but yeah that would be a really nice feature. I especially like the voice sound! I may have to check out Ring lol. 

Alphonso123
Observer

Netgear Sir/Madam: 

Please include an option to change the Arlo alert tones in the Apple IOS system.  Currently, Arlo IOS users cannot differientate by sound a routine text message from a real security alert.  I find this not acceptable. 

ArloProUser5
Novice

Yes!  Allow each camera to have different notification sounds and settings.  Some cams I just want to record but never notify, others I would like to know which camera the notification is coming from.  Some are more important than others.

asmadking
Initiate

This issue was certainly not addressed for Android. Arlo Pro is useless for security purposes due to the app. 

JamesC
Community Manager

asmadking,

What feature are you looking for? If you log in to your Android Arlo mobile app, you can find notification options under Settings > Notifications.

JamesC

sn0wballz
Star

@JamesC Can you nudge someone about the lack of this feature on iOS?