Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
IamDranoel
Novice

We users need the ability to customize the sound ring tone notifications when camers are activated by motion.  I can't fiind anywhere that we can accomplish this, yet . . .

Maybe the programers can work this into the current IOS app I'm using on my iPhone and other users that have already asked.

If, and when, this may / will be accomplished, it would be nice if there would be a way to inform those of us that are interested in this as I see by reviewing the "Commuity" I am not alone with this condition.

Thanks to whomever attempts to help or correct this condition.

Blockparty
Novice

Amen!!!! Product is not audible at all when sleeping 

gikylie
Novice

For the Arlo phone app i noticed that there is a way to change the alert tone to be different from the other alerts on my phone, it appears that it's a default tone.  Also, when sleeping at night, i keep my phone on vibrate or silent so that every text message and phone call doesn't wake me up however, i want the ARLO notifications/alerts to wake me up.  Is there a way to have phone silenced but only get sound from ARLO? If not, that is something that would be very beneficial for people.

Teresafoote
Novice

When will iOS users be able to change the push notification sound?

iDragon
Apprentice
I'd on the other hand like an option to quell subsequent notifications for a period of time, say 15 minutes, so as not to get spammed.. The previous camera I came from did this.
asmadking
Initiate

A quick review through the community here shows that what the Arlo app is sorely lacking is real functionality in its app notifications. This one deficiency does a great deal of harm to the product package as a whole. It is not enough to have EITHER a deafening alarm or a tiny beep on your phone, with no choices in between. But that's what we are left with.

Arlo desperately needs to enhance its app notifications.  As each mode's rule is set up, the user should be able to select a unique tone/sound for the push notification; its repetition/duration and/or mode of dismissal/snooze; and who receives the notification (not all shared users need all alerts).

When my family and I are asleep, I need more than a quiet beep to alert me to an intruder during the mode I choose for nighttime, without resorting to the alarm, which I'd rather use when no one is home. When motion is detected at night, I need a custom sound that is of a quality that would wake me up, and that would keep repeating until I dismiss it, whereas a single notification sound may be all I need during the day. Each of those scenarios requires more than one, static push notification approach, which is, incredibly, all we have to work with.

I paid hundreds of dollars for this four-camera "pro" system, and I'm sorely disappointed in its usability due to these issues. This is REALLY a problem. Please take it seriously.

asmadking
Initiate

WHY do my paragaphs always get cut off? Here it is in pieces:

A quick review through the community here shows that what the Arlo app is sorely lacking is real functionality in its app notifications.

This one deficiency does a great deal of harm to the product package as a whole.

It is not enough to have EITHER a deafening alarm or a tiny beep on your phone, with no choices in between. But that is what we are left with.

asmadking
Initiate

Next paragraph: 

Arlo desperately needs to enhance its app notifications.

As each mode's rule is set up, the user should be able to select a unique tone/sound;

its repetition/duration and/or mode of dismissal;

and who receives the notification (not all shared users need all alerts).

asmadking
Initiate

And the next paragraph:

When my family and I are asleep, I need more than a beep to alert me to an intruder during the mode I choose for nighttime, without resorting to the alarm, which I'd rather use when no one is home.

When motion is detected at the back door at night, I need a custom sound that is of a quality that would wake me up,

and that would keep repeating until I dismiss it

whereas a single notification sound may be all I need during the day when someone approaches the door.

Each of those scenarios requires more than one, static notification approach, which is all we have to work with.

Jayf0re
Fledgling

Completely agree with this one.  The system has all the hardware abilities to do this, but it seems the software is where we need this enhancement to be added.  Let's untap the potential of this hardware even more!