Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Brixy
Novice
The sound of silence. How about an acknowledgment of this suggestion,Arlo? I thought I would get to choose "Arlo Alert" notification sound as a given :::::: How the heck is this not a fab standard feature already??
va
Tutor
Tutor

My phone is flooding with messages from all over. But sometimes I only want to respond to the arlo messages. 

I have to read through all the messages to find if these are from arlo or just regular meassges on my phone. 

I would really appreciate a different unique push notification for arlo. Whatever sound you choose for arlo ,that would be just fine. Since I can change the regular sound for regular notifications on my phone. 

I mean you can choose a particular sound and that would work for every one as phone as more options to play with regular message sounds .

Thanks a lot

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

TColes
Aspirant
I would love to have different options for sounds so I can differentiate between texts and alerts. I would greatly appreciate this option!
RobertRosal
Virtuoso

Though a second or two delay.  You can set up an email alert and change the sound with that email.  Not as instant as a push notification but something you may want to try.

nate104
Novice

it would be great to have the ability to change the push notification tone. Some people need the ability to change it because having a loud obnoxiuos tone to catch the attention of the user. 

Lizzard69
Novice
Can we turn off the base while at home and turn back on when we leave? If we do turn the base off, do we have to resync the cameras?
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

geobert
Onlooker

Hack work-around: I went through all of my apps on my iPhone and disabled the sound notifications for all of them except the ones that let me customize the sound (e.g., email, Twitter, Text, etc). Not a good solution for anyone looking to customize the sound on an individual camera or something that will wake them up; I just need to know if it's Arlo alerting me to something vs Netflix (which I don't really need a sound alert for).

Someday, maybe NetGear will add this feature to the Arlo app or maybe Apple will allow us to do it - there are jail-breaks right now that support this. Apple is typically two-years behind the jailbreak crowd (and often lags behind Android with these types of custom features).

Jr0ck
Novice
Yep! YOUR CAMERA AND SECURITY ARE THE BEST. BUT THE APP 1 VERY SERIOUS UPGRADE! CHANGE NOTIFICATION 🔔 SOUND!!!!!!! ASAP!