Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
REA
Observer
Observer

Before the update I would receive a notifaction sound on my Iphone when motion detected.  Now I have nothiing to alert me that motion has been detected.  Am I missing something?

airone07
Star
It would be helpful if it were introduced the ability for programmers to be able to customize the tones of push notifications on iOS smartphone(example on whatsapp it is possible),as the default tone (which is not possible to change settings , if not doing a jailbreak to the smartphone and installing a special repository ) it is not very audible.
JamesC
Community Manager

REA,

Push notifications are now enabled on a per camera basis, check your rules for each camera to make sure that push notifications are enabled for all desired cameras.

JamesC

airone07
Star

It would be helpful if it were introduced the ability for programmers to be able to customize the tones of push notifications on iOS smartphone, as the default tone (which is not possible to change settings, if not doing a jailbreak to the smartphone and installing a special repository ) it is not very audible.

greggr
Aspirant
Yeah, I was about to post something about it too and noticed that is has been posted many, many times already. It is, like you said, an integral part of any app, especially this app. We need the ability to quickly distinguish between a text or email and a camera recording. I've even seen the suggestion to be able to customize the tones, not just for the app, but for the cameras themselves. That was probably back in Jan 2015, a whole year ago.
Naturecannon
Follower
Yes true JamesC. Only problem is, the motion alert is using default device sound which device system shares. We need the option to choose a custom sound. I have separate emails for each cam {arlocam@gmail.com for example] and with custom email soumds.....but I will only get notification after I have been RIPPED OFF..... email sent when recording stops. Would be nice to know I can jump out of bed confidently when hearing a specific sound I have chosen separate from the default device sound.
pkeyrich
Follower

Custom sounds have become necessary in today's smartphone world.  I like the idea!

pkeyrich
Follower

Custom alert sounds are a necessity in today's smartphone world.  I like to know which app is notifying me.  Even a custom sound recording option would be cool, where I could record a brief message saying something like, Something is happening at home; take a look.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas