Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Chevyboy67
Tutor

Like I’ve said in the past.  I’ve had my system for over 5 years and prob have started plenty of threads.  They will never answer.  Just last month I called Apple and explained to a tech.  They said it’s on arlo end.  But if you look at other apps that rbequire alerts from Apple it’s the same embedded alert nothing to configure.  It’s very rare that you are able to adjust alerts. But that doesn’t matter.  It’s been 5 years and they said so many years ago in these threads they were working on a fix.  Just as I entered this text the survey popped up. I have it the worst review just as I have always done  

To close this. Just don’t recommend it to anyone.  I have had it so long that I just deal with it now. It’s just pissing in the wind

Django68
Tutor

To those moaning about the IFTTT workaround. It's working great for me and many others. It's not a perfect fix obviously but be thankful that it can at least bring you some peace of mind that YOU WILL hear the alerts.  We've been all over Arlo for 5 years to address this - they haven't and maybe never will - move on.

SimplyJC
Aspirant

I agree Django. There’s been a few calls from IFTTT during the daylight hours where there were no alerts or recordings. So, yes, it’s not perfect. But coming from heavy frustration to high comfort  is great! The IFTTT app hasn’t failed yet when Arlo has alerted/recorded. 

LornaA
Guide

Good for you, Django68 that you found a work-around for this issue. Some of us “moaners” aren’t comfortable with trying to make the configurations you suggest and some of us “moaners” have felt that this is something Arlo should fix. Personally, I’m done “moaning” about it as I realize Arlo is not going to address it. I have plenty of other problems like deleting recordings one day and then them reappearing two days later, schedule times not updating, etc. with the system that I can “moan” about but I’m not going to waste my time trying to get support for those problems. Especially when other users think I’m just a “moaner.”

mkub339
Aspirant

Well, I for one have had enough of no response or fix from Arlo. I tried the IFTTT work around but it is not working. When armed I start getting non stop calls from IFTTT app that Arlo has detected motion. When I view the camera’s there is nothing setting off motion. Having hardwired IP camera’s installed this week. I have 4 camera Arlo Ultra system.

dcfox1
Master

This is not a "Fix" it is just not an option. Mabey they will add it in the future as I would like it also. All the bickering among posters and complaining is not going to change it as this is a suggestion forum. 

s_tohm
Initiate

When someone rings the doorbell, it should not default to the phones ringtone.  We should have the ability to change the ringtone.  This has been an ongoing issue.  Every time I talk to customer service, they say the "engineers" haven't come up with a solution.  Look at Rings video doorbell.  They were able to figure it out.  C'mon man, stop making excuses and fix it.  You do have actual "engineers" right?

Phoenixphooey
Novice
Every time ESPN notifies me I hear the classic ESPN custom sound. Every time Arlo notifies me it’s the boring sound that all Apple app notifications do. Arlo should make their own custom app sound to alert people.
I am tired of thinking people are breaking into my garage everytime apple news sends an update on the British family (or whatever the news is that day)

Please please make a custom sounds for your notifications on Apple devices!

Thank you!
tomengel
Novice

Two feature requests:

(1) It would be valuable if the Arlo app for iOS allowed the end user to select the sound that is played with a notification. This would allow the user to know if the notification is from Arlo, or some other (e.g. mundane) notification.

(2) We really like the Arlo app notifications that can alert us to motion (and/or sounds).  I consider these to be "informational" ... it's nice that the app allows the user to call emergency services (e.g. 911) if necessary.  There are situations that fall in-between. For instance, with a multi-camera system, one might want notifications at night while asleep, but may want to be awaken if, for instance, someone approaches a given camera - like at the front door. Please give some consideration to allowing an end-user to define events which result in more than just an informational notification, i.e. an "alert" and a user-definable means of receiving that "alert" (e.g. a phone call).

Really wish Arlo would fix the capability for customize notifications sounds on IOS like android phones have! The current notification sound on iPhone isn’t loud enough to wake me in an emergency with an outside intruder!  Arlo please update this feature!!!!!!