Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments

PLEASE we need an option to change the notification sound on the Arlo IOS app. The notification sound it provides now is not going to be able to alert us at all times especially when we are sleeping it just wont do it. I love everything about this system and unfortunately this one major issue can force me to go with a different brand i see androids are allowed to change their sound why hasn't that transferred over to IOS yet? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! make that happen like right away i do not feel safe with this system if i cant be alerted at all times. Thank you for your time hope to see the change implemented very very soon 

sincerely 

Happy/dissatisfied customer

Aurora_andy
Novice

Add me to the list of people frustrated and considering returning my whole system that I just installed and have nearly $1k invested.  My dad bought the RING system and his screams at him on his iOS phone when someone goes by a camera.  I don’t have a clue when Arlo cams are activated on IOS, but I’ll have a video of them stealing my stuff I guess?  Fix this please!?

djskyhawk
Star

Make sure notifications are turned on for each camera.  Go to mode, then each camera, tap the pencil beside armed, select push notification and/or e-mail alert and save.  Easy to do, once you figure it out.

Pjondeck
Observer

Djskyhawk, read the posts mate. That’s not the issue. The issue is CUSTOM alerts. We can’t hear the thing.  This has been going on for over five years and Arlo have tin ears. 

Pjondeck
Observer

Djskyhawk, read the posts mate. That’s not the issue. The issue is CUSTOM alerts on IOS. We can’t hear the thing.  This has been going on for over five years and Arlo have tin ears. 

Django68
Tutor

Your systems suffer from a significant flaw in that notifications can be easily missed. Please work with Apple to allow repeat alerts (as is available in ' IOS Messages) and to customize the sound. If I have a soft sounding notification for text messages, that is not what I need for for Arlo.

VMP4000, ios 13,

Swindonpete
Tutor

Please add me to the list of people who really need the option to change the notification sound on iOS when noticifaction is received on iPhone. 

It would be good to at least get an update from Arlo as to progress with this as so many people need it. The reviews of Arlo will reflect this is putting peope of buying Arlo kit and movign to RING or alternative kit.

Please Arlo respond.

Django68
Tutor

Aurora_andy - how does Ring manage to have louder / better alerts on IOS? I though the issue with IOS is Apple not letting  developers configure notifications... - cheers

Brian416
Onlooker

I should have been clearer in my post. What I am requesting is the ability to customize, within the arming function, the open spots on the chime that say, “custom”, which in fact I cannot customize, say with my voice, music, noise, etc. 

I have two cameras at doggo level, at both sides of my house, as one of my doggies is a great escape artist

While the cameras alert me when she’s trying to dig her way out, the Arlo chime will still only play the pre-canned doorbell sounds. 
‘The custom option would allow me to say, for example, “dog escape in progress at the carport”. Currently, with only one doorbell chime being allowed by the software, I have to go on a treasure hunt looking for her. I have been unsuccessful in memorizing “luxurious doorbell 4” means she’s at the front, back, east side, west side, etc. 

I think most of you very nice peeps are referring to customizing the alert sounds on your phones. 
My bad if I posted under the wrong heading !09E158B8-E853-484A-95DE-F0CB8B589EB0.jpeg

Chevyboy67
Tutor

That’s not the case from the phone call  I had with apple the other day.   I just wish someone from apple would nudge them a s say hey were filtering all your bad phone calls because your not fixing your alerts