Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Rachaelxisom
Fledgling
I don’t know about everyone else, but I have specific sounds, for different apps/people. I am a mom of two toddlers and I don’t always have my phone right on my, but can almost always hear it... it would be super helpful to have a custom sound for my Arlo Camera notifications so I know exactly what I’m hearing, even if I don’t see it right that moment!

Anyone else love to have customized sounds for their apps/notifications?:)
Linguini
Novice
Suggestion for the app: enable custom sound notifications in the app per camera. I have cameras at different properties, and some I do not want or need sound notifications on, while others I absolutely want a sound to notify me when motion is detected. The ability to customize sounds would be great, rather than the current all on or all off global notification setting in iOS.
litbro
Guide

Regarding today's Arlo email solicitation regarding custom alert sounds.

They told us they were working on it and it would be available in an upgrade soon (back when I bought into the ARLO system) but have not rescinded the offer, but just ignore our inquiries.

Looks like Arlo intends to sell what we were promised as an added service.

WillF
Aspirant

Opening up a topic that has been opened up in the past but hasn't been resolved. I just purchased these cameras and love them except for the fact that I need to be able to get a different and potentially more obnoxious notification at night if there is uninvited activity ( Which we unfortunately have had recently, hence the cameras). It appears that this is impossible with iOS. What is the plan to get this addressed, or of there isn't one please let me know so I can get a product that will allow me to do this! Thanks!

Azosso
Novice
Please allow us to choose notification sounds. The only sound allowed on iOS is very dull and won’t wake you if someone comes to your property
chicproduction
Initiate

Case Number: 42074595
Guys I have called you today after purchasing your product! I did not know that YOU CANNOT change the sound of your notification on iphone so I can distinguish that I have an intruder in the house!! REALLY! This is a BASIC function! 
I have 100's of text and emails notifications daily because I have a business, BUT I cannot know when ARLO is giving me an alarm as it sounds like my normal texts/emails!!! That is MAD!
2ndly Why being a security system, don't you get a licence from apple so you can sound the ALARM when phone is on SILENT! What is. the whole point investing £550 on a system that CANNOT alarm me at NIGHT if I have an intruder! 

THESE ARE BASIC FUNCTIONS and simple common sense folks! 

I have NOTICED YOUR CLIENTS that spend money and make you as BIG as you are now, ARE NOT BEING HEARD! These simple complains have been in YOUR IDEA EXCHANGE since 2017!!!! If I knew then these basic functions are not operational I would of NOT bought your system.

maleficus
Onlooker

I sell the cameras and exchange systems if the problem of notifications is not solved. It is a shame.

Brian416
Onlooker

Looks like this request has been ongoing but here goes again: please allow me to add my own “custom” sounds to the Arlo chime so I can distinguish between a camera watching to see if my dog escapes “hey, I’m taking off..”vs all of your pre-canned, “home presence, siren etc”. 

just enable the user to upload our own mp files. Simple request that would enable a much wider use of your equipment and, “modes”. 

thanks 

Pjondeck
Observer

Well done Brian416. I just don't understand why Arlo doesn't seem to be at all interested in this issue. I am getting close to returning my system as unfit for purpose which I can do under Australian law. If they would fix this I would expand my system. Like me I imagine you weren't aware of this shortcoming before you made the purchase?

cheers

Peter

Brian416
Onlooker

Most folks here are asking about custom sounds for their phone alerts....I want to customize the mp file the chime makes so I know which camera’s been set off 🙂