Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
AngieML
Fledgling

Hi,

I am new to Arlo and have now noticed the push notifications sound is very low. As I can see in the forums this can be changed in Android Phones but not on Iphone/Ipad. It would be perfect if there was a possibility to customize/change the notifications sound.

I checked on Apple and can see this:  "

There is no way to customise the notification sound for 3rd party applications until the app developer build that functionality into their app.If the app developer didn't build that functionality into their app, you can't change the notification sound."

Really, I would like to know if anyone had a discussion with Arlo about this? and if is in the roadmap for future releases?

Regards

/Angie

TomMac
Guru

I believe it has been posted... check HERE : https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

The more KUDOS, the more likely it will come to fruition

BNR89
Novice
When were there be a update for iOS user so we can change the notification sounds it sounds the same as my other alerts
JanL
Onlooker
FOUR year old thread - still no updated. Is this a zombie app/company? The system is almost useless without a real alert that can wake me up if there's movement. Did I mention the webapp still uses flash in 2019?
Lou59601
Novice

I bought the Arlo pro2 at Costco. As most are aware sounds for alerts can’t be programmed on my iPhone 6S. Is there a version of Arlo that you can program specific sound alerts for iPhones?  I don’t want to pay monthly monitoring fees etc. thanks

Gords56
Fledgling

Also need notification when motion is first detected not when the motion video is finished, could be 5 or more minutes later, too long. Need right away!

DWCrisp
Initiate

Don’t worry! They won’t resolve it!  They have never made an effort to resolve the problem. Which has a simple fix.  Simply TALK TO APPLE!!  I’ve talked to Apple engineers and they report that netgear (the parent company) needs to work with Apple to solve it but NEVER HAS!  Never will! Why should they. It will cost money! That’s why!!!

DamianPC
Aspirant

There really needs to be the ability to set a custom alert tone for notifications. Even if it is selectable from preset tones created by Arlo. It needs to be a different tone to the standard iphone alert or it is completely useless. I am constantly getting alerts for all kinds of reasons and I should be able to distinguish what is motion detected footage what is not otherwise I cam constantly pulling my phone out to double check it is not an Artlo notification. This seems like it is a very basic feature. I have only just purchase this and am very dissapointed to hear this is not possible. I am very strongly considering getting a refund and switching to another brand. I wish this had been mentioned in any of the reviews online

Barclaymd
Onlooker

Yes, this would be a great improvement.

Colvintribe
Fledgling

I would love to be able to change to different notification sounds.  I monitor my father's system as well as my own.  To be able to tell whose house is setting off the cameras without looking would be wonderful!