Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continue Recording while while watching live feed

Hi There,

I would like if the camera continued to record motion at the same time while watching the live feed without me having to manually hit the record button.

There has been times when i was watching a live feed, my infant was doing something cute and i wanted it recorded.  BUT, when i went into my recorings there was nothign there for the moment i wanted to capture.

Jeremy

Comments
Civrock
Initiate

Some sort of acknowledgement/update from Arlo would be nice. It's been sitting in "Future Consideration" for quite some time.

vdubb2770
Novice

it would be nice that when you live stream the Arlo baby camera and there is a motion or sound, it would trigger the record feature of the camera. i was told that during a live stream, you would need to push the manual record button. 

the feature would be nice due to the fact that i am using the camera to live stream the nanny at work but my eyes are not always watching. i would look away sometimes and then noticed that the nanny is not in view (in the restroom) and i can not go into the record to view what had happened cause during live stream, it will not record motion or sound unless you manually push the record button. from what i was told also is that i can live stream and push the record button and it will keep recording (for hours) untill i hit stop recording.

prix57
Aspirant

Netgear if you are listening please add option to continue automatic recording while viewing live video. It take long enough to open the app and wait for everything to initialize then you have to wait another minute or so more for the live feed to activate. 

This is important when watching a live feed and have a motion action recorded automatically. We should not have to record something manually.  When a live feed is going sometimes you need to walk away for a moment only to come back and find out the motion event was not recorded but happened.

Please add this option!!! 

Kammfam
Luminary

This seems to be something they have addressed with the Ultra systems, though it's too bad they couldn't do a firmware update for the older base stations that would fix this issue for them as well. I've noticed that while I'm recording in Live View with my Ultra camera and there is motion that triggers the camera, I will end up with 2 videos in my library- my manual recording and a motion recording. Pretty cool! (I haven't tested this on my Pro2 cameras that I have hooked to my new Ultra base station... I'm very curious now what will happen. Will try to remember to update once I test it.)

chenet72
Fledgling

I spoke to Arlo and Kammfam is correct that with a plan $19.99 per camera so (4 cameras would be $80 a month) the ultra can have 24x7 to have continuous recording regardless of if you are live streaming.

It's still confusing to me. Anyone else using Ultra?

Kammfam
Luminary

No, that's not what I mean.  I don't use continuous recording.  I just happened to be live streaming when there was motion and noticed that the camera still made a video even though I was in live mode.

UncleRoberto
Follower

I have recently purchased 4 pro 2 cameras.

I had a situation where my son saw a torch light while going to the bathroom. 

This is one area of my property that has no camera so I put the cameras in live mode and pass my phone to my wife. 

She watches me walk around the property until I get out of sight. 20 seconds later a man runs down my driveway in view of 2 cameras while my wife watches and calls the police.

Turns out we have no footage of me walking or the man running which is absolute bs.

This is a crazy design flaw and motion should be detected and recorded regardless of live view being activated.

Obviously I popped on Google to see WTF was going on which brings me here. 

Shocking to see almost a year later and no solution.

JJS68
Luminary

a quick fix arlo could do is just make a setting that user could turn on or off, that all live views automaticall were set to record

pafields817
Aspirant

A week ago we had an incident where someone was looking in window with flashlight.  I had heard a noise and checked the camera.  As a result there was no recording.  I called the police and again, no recording when they knocked on the door.  I checked camera before answering to ensure it was police.  Likewise they were called because my husband when to check the house out and stumbled on the umbrellas when opening the closet.  It made such a commotion that I pulled it up on the camera.  Recording gone.  We looked like idiots to police when we could not provide any evidence of a "peeping flashlight"    

What exactly is the point of being able to view live and no recording?  Where is the security?  Where is the evidence?  What to tell police without the evidence?   This problem explains a lot of why I am missing recordings when viewing events as they occur.  Even my husband is wondering about my sanity because I could not provide evidence.

Will this ever be fixed?   Does anyone know if competitors have this problem?

pheewee
Follower

I made a switch to Ring and things working out very well. You can view and record at the same time. They have doorbell cameras and floodlight/security cams. Easy to install. Works well for very reasonable prices. Protection Plus Plan: $10/mo or $100/year for all devices or Basic Plan $3/mo/1 device. 

Someone up here has said: Arlo and Kammfam have a plan $19.99 per camera for 24/7 recording. Geez! That's a rip off. 

Don't try to hold on to your Arlo any more. Netgear/Arlo won't do anything about this problem, which could be a risk to your property or even safety. If you've just made a purchase of Arlo security cameras, return them immediately before it's too late like some other members here.