Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors

Change notification options: sound type , volume, repetitions

The current alert notification process is not adequate given how important and critical arlo monitoring is for many users.

Users should have the option for their alerts to ring differently/more loudly and than all the other normal/non criticial alerts they receive throughout the day. There should also be the options to ring more than once, ring until user confirms receipt (with say 10 maximum rings so not indefinite)  and bypass the do not disturb mode.

I have found myself countless times missing alerts because my phone was just a few yards away from me and I could not hear the Arlo alert or phone one me but in a noisy environment / jacket pocket and vibrate not strong enough  

Currently the only way to address this is to change the general alert type (which applies to all alerts on the phone) to the most intrusive which is not ideal.

Please include these options in your next software update.

25 Comments
Guru

this BTW has changed in the last Android app and will be coming to IOS soon...

It allows you to chose the alert sound (from yr phone options ), led flash , and vibrate in any combo

Community Manager
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

As TomMac stated (thanks Tom!!), this feature has been implemented for Android, and is in the works for iOS. We'll announce it in the community when iOS has been implemented as well. And thank you for taking the time to provide suggestions, it's greatly appreciated!

Luminary

You can always simply use IFTTT do do all sorts of things on your devce should you receive an e-mail or alert from Arlo.

Novice

I wish there was a way to change notifications for specific cameras. I have four that I want notifications for all the time, but one I don't want notifications for. It's in my living room facing my front door, but I have dogs that constantly set it off. That said, I don't want to disable it since if we were to have (another) break-in I'd want it recorded. In the meantime, I get a notification every time my lazy dogs change their sleeping positions. Man Sad

Onlooker

Please get on and do something about customized iOS alerts, Netgear. It's been over six months since you said this was in the works - too long for essential functionality. An intruder cased my house while my family slept and all Arlo sent me was a barely audible ping (which of course I slept through). 

Novice

I strongly support the comment of  BruceAlmighty!

I was using IFTTT which has now cut me off because I live outside the US.

I would very much like the options on my iphone to chose a more audible notification.  Something akin to the Alarm clock sound options.

Novice

Getting ready to return mine due to lack of volume. Any eta on this issue with iOS?

Initiate

Any update on this support of "custom sound notifcation on iphone"  from netgear?

it should be fairly easy thing to do

Novice

This is ridiculous - 36 million iPhones were sold vs 15 million Android in 2016, yet the notification sound fix is available for Android users...! I know Apple is a pain in the *ss for approving apps but this is beyond ridiculous! I can’t distinguish my sports scores from someone breaking into my house! Get it fixed - we pay a premium for the system and it’s needs better functionality!

Novice

In March, DawnM from Netgear said this was coming soon for IOS/iPhone.  It has been more than six months.  What is your definition of “soon?”