Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
MeliaRains
Novice

I wish there was a way to change notifications for specific cameras. I have four that I want notifications for all the time, but one I don't want notifications for. It's in my living room facing my front door, but I have dogs that constantly set it off. That said, I don't want to disable it since if we were to have (another) break-in I'd want it recorded. In the meantime, I get a notification every time my lazy dogs change their sleeping positions. Man Sad

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes

BruceAlmighty
Onlooker

Please get on and do something about customized iOS alerts, Netgear. It's been over six months since you said this was in the works - too long for essential functionality. An intruder cased my house while my family slept and all Arlo sent me was a barely audible ping (which of course I slept through). 

Oybie
Novice

I strongly support the comment of  BruceAlmighty!

I was using IFTTT which has now cut me off because I live outside the US.

I would very much like the options on my iphone to chose a more audible notification.  Something akin to the Alarm clock sound options.

Canceo1999
Initiate
We are currently not able to change the push notification tone types with an IPhone. This is causing a major issue as we are not able to be properly alerted with a small ding tone. Please give us options immediately, so we my stay safe.
Canceo1999
Initiate

NETGEAR, when will this be available?  It's been too long as we need options.  

Canceo1999
Initiate

The iPhone app needs ringtone options ASAP.  

Ldmad
Novice

Getting ready to return mine due to lack of volume. Any eta on this issue with iOS?

Onlooker

My IPad doesn’t alert me when my camera goes off like my iPhone does