Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
JeffBeckFro
Onlooker

Custom alert needed for sure!

rdm362
Tutor

Come on Netgear!! Custom notifacations can't he that hard in todays world. PLEASE do this.

danwis16
Onlooker

I have seen this idea suggested so many times. I do not understand the difficulty in implementing the idea. Please Admin shed some light on why this has not been implemented and if it ever will be. This is basic stuff at least one other option would solve the problem.

jen131
Novice

I would love to have this so I know right away if it's a text from a friend or a motion alert.  I can't believe this isn't an option already.

hantek
Novice

I will not buy into this system until a custom notification is available. Moreover, I prefer to use the iOS "Do Not Disturb" mode at night. However I would expect/want my home security cameras to bypass the Do Not Disturb mode and let me know if someone has entered the premises. This is a BASIC / CORE user need. It is not a good sign that Net Gear ignores this fundamental need for home/property security.

DukesterTX
Fledgling

It has been more than a year since this was marked "future consideration," which we should take to mean that it is an EXTREMELY USEFUL feature that Netgear finds COMPLETELY USELESS. 

I've found (so far, on my Galaxy 5S on Android 5.x Lollipop) that Arlo uses the "default" notification ringtone, which I've set as something not completely annoying (which I will once I've ascertained what if anything else uses the default), but at least alerting. Those apps that also used (past tense) the default, but I set their own notifications.

On Android, you can also set app notifications to be 'priority' so that they override DND (Settings | Sound & Notification | Application Notifications ... shows notifications at top of the list, and includes priority apps in the 'allowed' list while DND is on).

This is just a work-around, a kludge awaiting the busy folks at Netgear's finding the time to add something simple, but they have many other priorities.

fletch8007
Novice
Of coarse no response from the company and no sound options added! The sign of a poorly managed company, That will just evaporate into the ether...
fletch8007
Novice
Hey JamesC when's this gonna be added?! No answers to these questions? Your just another person that's REALLY bad at there job...
JamesC
Community Manager

fletch8007,

While I do not have any information on when/if this feature will be added, I encourage you to support ideas like this by adding Kudos. This is the best way for the community to support and draw attention to the most popular ideas.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager

fletch8007,

While I do not have any information on when/if this feature will be added, I encourage you to support ideas like this by adding Kudos. This is the best way for the community to support and draw attention to the most popular ideas.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC