Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Maxiehouse
Aspirant

Yes I find it very frustrating that they can spend time updating the app without addressing the main problem.....inadequate notification sounds! 😡

@sn0wballz wrote:

Currently, there is no way to change the notification sound on the iOS Arlo app. From my understanding, the notification sounds for each app need to be configured inside of the application and cannot be changed through the iOS settings. The generic alert is not sufficient for alerts on motion detection.

migmog
Initiate

Hey Netgear - do you plan to implement this in the app?

Surely it's not that hard, and it is really frustrating that I can't tell that my SECURITY camera is trying to alert me rather than any other app on my phone. I know you can do it on android, so why not on Iphone?

mullthing
Aspirant

Exactly the issue I have.

Have to say best camera system ever except, no sound alerts.  How can it be called a security camera without sound alerts.  Returned mine to store for Ring.

CrysBear
Fledgling

I would LOVE to have this feature as well!! Or even just one priority camera that has an option for differant notification alert. 

Bok68
Novice

Arlo... why is there no way to change notification sounds on iOS. I am so disappointed to find out I cannot change this setting. This should be a sound that is a much better alert if we want one. Please fix this issue. 

hxh145
Novice

I have Ring too. I can tell if a notification is from Ring or from some other apps by its distintive sound. Then i can choose to check or ignore it. At least I have to choice. I wish Arlo can do the same. As of now, I could not even tell if a notification comes from Alro, a text message, or other apps. Unlike a text message, an Arlo message is usually time sensitive. If Ring can have its own tone, Arlo can do it. It is unlikely Apple prohibits app developer from adding its own notification tone. I really wish Arlo can add this feature asap.  

Mbmartin
Novice

Adding my comment to the pool.  Got my Arlo Pro 2 system today and like everyone else here, I found the default alert to be too quiet when asleep.  Otherwise a solid system, but without this feature it’s of no value to me.  I will be boxing it all back up and returning tomorrow as Netgeara responses have been vague at best for almost 2 years.  It’s clear this will not be resolved.  What a shame!

I changed my notification sounds by going to my files, audio, and finding the sound I have downloaded.  I select the sound, hit edit, hit move (or copy), and drop it in my notifications file on my cell phone.  It magicially appears in my Arlo notifications list.

sn0wballz
Star

@rainyday71270 that doesn't work in iOS (iphone).

Chevyboy67
Tutor

Serious if it were that easy the forum wouldn’t be filled with thousands of complaints   You must be speaking of android os    A monkey can change the alert on android os   All you have to do is download Zedge and your done    I have just switched back to iPhone os and I will be working on something to try to fix it with Netgear    It’s not the phone or the os   It’s in the app that needs to be updated   Arlo has made changes on the app some for the good a lot for the bad and have not addressed the big elephant in the room