Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
Flash47
Novice

+1.

I would like to see custom sounds too

sn0wballz
Star

Currently, there is no way to change the notification sound on the iOS Arlo app. From my understanding, the notification sounds for each app need to be configured inside of the application and cannot be changed through the iOS settings. The generic alert is not sufficient for alerts on motion detection.

Chevyboy67
Tutor

you can change the setting on android only not apple i phone ios  unless you jail brake your phone

timhenn
Novice

This issue, and request to fix it, has been going on for over a year.  Will IOS users be able to configure sound notifications on IOS device?  If so, when?

The old thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/change-push-notification-sound/td-p/1208429/page/2

Alternatively, can i download the app onto another persons Android phone just to configure sound and then still manage with my IOS phone?

sn0wballz
Star

If you comment on this post wanting the feature but you don't give it a kudos, you are not helping the effort. Give Kudos to this post so we can get some eyes on it.

KrazyDwg
Novice

Just purchased these cameras as I thought it was great option for new house under construction that was recently broken into. I am utterly shocked to learn that there is no option to change push notification sounds on an iOS device and more shocked to read posts from nearly a year ago stating this would be soon addressed. 

There appears to be a large number of your target market that are not happy with this lack of functionality, seems like something that would be a priority for your organization. 

Hilltopper30
Novice

PLEASE make this possible - arlo notification is almost useless as it now stands!

RevBam
Tutor

Kudos to this. It is ridiculous that we can't change the sounds. Kind of makes it pointless. 

I I just got Arlo, but I'll probably return it for Ring. Ring has a very distinct sound when motion is detected. That is how it should be. 

rickyjn
Tutor

I have had mine for a week and have to say best camera system ever except, no sound alerts.  How can it be called a security camera without sound alerts.  Returning to store for Ring.

Chevyboy67
Tutor

When I had iPhone there was sound on mine. Not a good one but it did send an alert. I switched to android more customization. You can pick what ever screaming alert you want. It's true there should be more options for alerts on iOS. But then again your dealing with apple