Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change Mode in IFTTT Channel

Great news - Arlo IFTTT now launched and works well - great job, thank you. It would be even better if Modes could be changed by location trigger
Comments
Nicholas_murphy
Fledgling

It's great to see some IFTTT integration to allow me to Arm/Disarm my Arlo cameras, however could you please also include the ability to revert to the Scheduled mode so that I can continue with my usual camera schedules and not forget to reset this through the app? This thread seems to go in noticed by Netgear / Arlo, am hoping this doesn't fall on deaf ears?

Keithhatf
Onlooker

Yes please let use use Alexa to switch modes in ifttt. This is the only thing holding back a great camera system

Keithhatf
Onlooker

And let us change custom modes to please

auroraboros
Novice

I am so glad I am not the only one who is aware of this gap... The addition of custom modes in Stringify/IFTTT would be game-changing in terms of the usefulness of modes in both services. The current arm/disarm dichotomy is a great start, but really limits the functionality of modes. I currently have two wired Arlos, and am considering purchasing a 5-pack of the wireless model, but this is really an important factor, as my entire house runs on Stringify and IFTTT, and if I am investing in a security system that supports those, I want to make sure it will mesh well with the way the rest of my home works (which the integration with the current limitation does not).

Keithhatf
Onlooker

They are great cameras but if you plan on using them for security all someone has to do is disable your internet connection. I guess you could have one pointed at your junction box. 

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

IFTTT has not worked for many months.  Netgear support is utterly hopeless.  I have worked in development and support for 30 years.  This can't be that hard to solve.  This is an issue of priority.  Netgear are just not putting any resources on the problem.  Google Home support will be just as low priority.

MechEng70
Fledgling

I had this happen a few months ago.

To solve this I removed the arlo service and re-added it.  haven't had any issues (knock on wood) since.I use Google Home, Alexa with my ISY home automation to control the Arlo through IFTTT.

intrex
Fledgling

The IFTTT intergration has almost no value without the possiblity of triggering custom modes or geo.  No one that is going to design or use a recepie wants to just turn their system from armed to dissarmed.  

Keithhatf
Onlooker

I agree we should be able to switch modes in our recipes... arlo replaced my malfunctioning camera very quickly. Great service on the hardware end. We just need the software developers to up their game. 

sep2li
Tutor

+1 for IFTTT triggers for custom modes - a must-have feature for me to even start working with IFTTT...