Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Change Mode in IFTTT Channel

Great news - Arlo IFTTT now launched and works well - great job, thank you. It would be even better if Modes could be changed by location trigger
Comments
MrSpock
Aspirant
If you use 360 life with ifttt u can do that. It works for me
JamesC
Community Manager

While IFTTT support is now available, we are still working on optimizing this feature. We recommend users wait until an official announcement before taking advantage of IFTTT.

JamesC

natem
Novice

@JamesCis there an update to the mode issue.  I'm very excited for this IFTTT recipe to function fully.  I see the Arlo website announced IFTTT intergration recently.

rkm
Apprentice
Apprentice

+1 it's a nice start, but without custom modes the job is only half done, NetGear! 

kpr121
Initiate

Agreed, I am really looking forward to either incorporating custom modes in IFTTT or Geo-Fence actually working.  Right now neither are fully there yet and both create issues with what we'd like to do with our automation.

cfwiggum
Novice

Has there been any progress on supporting modes? They changed something that broke autoArlo (smartthings smartapp) so mode support is even more important.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any update ?  You either need to fix the ARM/DISARM modes to support more than one rule per camera or you need to support custom modes in IFTTT.

ramsgoms
Guide

Either we need new IFTTT actions to set custom modes or ability to modify out-of-the-box Armed and Disarmed modes.

ggraeff
Tutor

I'd like to second (or third) the motion that the IFTTT channel have access to all the modes that we have configured.  It seems they could be read in, just like the individual cameras are, and presented in a drop-down to choose the mode for the recipe.  There are times I want to trigger just my outdoor cameras with a single command (DO button, Alexa, event).  

In addition, it would be great if all cameras installed at a location, whether base-connected wire-frees or Qs, could be put into a single group so that a single IFTTT recipe could act against all cameras at once.  I have an Amazon Echo and when I leave the house, I'd like to be able to arm or disarm all cameras at once with a single Alexa voice trigger.  As it stands, I have to issue three separate vocal triggers to arm or disarm all of them (4 wire-frees and 2 Qs).

stvi
Novice
Agreed. Arlo IFTTT is the perfect combination IF we would be able to select a custom mode as a action, instead of just the "arm" "disarm" mode.