Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Capture frame prior to motion capture on short captures where subject exits frame

Hi All,

I've been doing some testing with Arlo Pro 3 motion capture and I see the capture is triggered when the motion is almost entirely out of the frame on very short captures.

I am wondering if it is possible to place a 20-30 second video capture RAM in the camera which is always being recorded to.  This would have to be a very low power component and it would have to be ongoingly checked to confirm it is functional and recording properly.

The idea is when motion triggers a capture there is already a 20-30 second capture in the memory which is automatically pinned to the motion trigger sequence and saved as a single video.

This would make it possible to capture very short motion sequences before the moving component is completely out of the frame.   Ideally you would then choose how much of the pre-footage you would want to attach to the saved video - maybe in 5 second increments?  Say choosing 5 seconds, 10 second, 15 seconds, 20 seconds depending on how much context you want to the motion.  There is probably an optimum which could be determined for very short motion captures.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!