Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras utilize siren separately from Base Station

It would be great if Arlo Q could somehow trigger the siren in the New Pro Base. It seems it would be more effective and there would be far less false alarm soundings. I have 4 outside cameras, I'm guessing the siren will be going off more than I want with false alerts. Whereas indoors when the home is empty, there should'nt be any false alarms. I'm way more concerned about someone getting into the home than a delivery to my front door.

Comments
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

Bassfish
Novice

I wish arlo would add a siren add on

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Raslar
Tutor
A Siren World be Nice
Raslar
Tutor

A siren  would be a great update for the Arlo system.

dktedl
Onlooker
Chatsamtalestart TOR 14:34 Hello There thanks for nice nice system, what about a siren for the system, must be a must have for many people
dktedl
Onlooker
Chatsamtalestart TOR 14:34 Hello There thanks for nice nice system, what about a siren for the system, must be a must have for many people
fat-stig
Initiate
d23wilson
Star

a Siren should be considered a must...camera is good, the alerts are great. the DIY aspect is the game change which makes this option viable.

But at the end of a robbery, we can possibly give the police (yeah i am rolling my eyes...due to being robbed a few times and knowing what police actually do)  identification of a profile (picture/video), and we can possibly call police to ensure they make a reasonable attempt to get to the property in time to prevent (theft) and prevent further thefts (they (burgulars) usually like to go through an area).

But what about an alarm/siren that will actually deter them in the act....so the people (being robbed) dont feel violated, and this could prevent contents stolen... then would note require insurance companies to provide replacements.

it is just such a simple add-on...maybe not as profitable, but it really is required. consider this your feedback loop.

if you choose to ignore it, then find your product soon become obsolete and something that could have been.

Pavlova
Guide
Both Arlo and the D-Link WiFi Siren work with IFTTT, so I guess that Arlo should be able to trigger the D-Link Siren through IFTTT. This could be an option worth looking into. I have not tried this myself, but in the absence of an Arlo siren, I am thinking of buying the D-Link Siren. I would be interested to know if anyone has tried this.