Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Be able to use Google Home/Alexa as a chime/alarm/siren

When the doorbell is rung there should be an option to use a google home or all of them at someones house to ring either like a doorbell or like the notiifcation that you get on the phone. 

Comments
Andrewcc26
Novice
This would be amazing. I just got the doorbell and will try setting it up tonight but I would love for it to ring through my Google home system
mna1966
Fledgling

I would be interested in this as well.
The extra cost of buying a chime and a camera makes me consider a Nest, 

tomtho
Star

This should definately be a thing. If I'm already spending $1500 dollars on a camera system plus a $140 doorbell it should atleast make a sound if someone presses it, my phone isnt always on me.

WH18
Fledgling

I also want this. I added the doorbell to my system thinking it did this because the cameras already connect to my Google home. Probably would have got a different doorbell if I knew that it didn't. 

Lulombardo
Novice

Please add google home integration with arlo doorbell. It would be great.

Is there any chance?

Thank you

NathanNiice
Novice

There is already  This option.   when you buy the nest, And set it up with Google home it will let you know that somebody is at the door or if you program their name into the nest app then it will say the person's name.

Wenesak
Fledgling

Consider this another vote for the doorbell and google home integration 

joecw
Aspirant

I vote for this as well.

Ok, so I see my arlo doorbell is seen by google home now.  All I can do with it is put it in a room.  Am I missing something or is that all there is right now?

Aerosignal
Onlooker

Same here. The doorbell appeared out of no where in GoogleHome but does absolutely nothing, even when it is assigned to a room.

I hope the function will be turned on soon.

Carlos_Noda
Novice

Agreed, this feature should be added. The Arlo doorbell needs to play nicer with Google assistant. There is no point to buying two separate pieces of hardware to perform one function. If it works on Alexa it should also work on Google.