Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR

The Arlo Community

Learn, explore, ask questions, and connect with our community of customers and experts.

Top Contributors

Baby Monitor LAN when internet is down

Last night, our internet went down for a couple of hours due to an ISP issue. I am very surprised that Arlo, especially the baby camera, cannot still stream via LAN within the same network. As a parent, it does not make me feel comfortable that while I'm sleeping, the camera could become disconnected and I would not be aware if any noises happen in the nursery. I think this should be a top priority for the baby camera since parents are putting trust in Arlo to be able to monitor their child while sleeping.

3 Comments
Novice

Seconding this so much!

Also, my wife and I both have smartphones, plus I have a desktop running in my home office. I created a "spare" account with access rights for myself so I can be logged in on the desktop at the same time as I'm logged in on my phone (after all, only one of those stays in my pocket when I go grab lunch/tea/snack). But because the live stream has to bounce out of the house to the cloud servers then bounce back into the house again (Three times over!) for myself and my wife to keep track, we're having to reduce our stream resolution just to accommodate 4 copies of the same data flowing through our modem simultaneously.

I reallyreally want to see a LAN-only live stream feature. It shouldn't require any special setup by users, the system should just recognize that the camera on the LAN and the viewing device are on the same LAN and feed directly.

Tutor

Yes!
This!

We would love to see this!

Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!