Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto or timed brightness

Would be great to have either auto brightness or timed brightness so you can set different levels for day and night. During the day one of my cameras is near direct sunlight but at night I need the best brightness possible for that area. If the brightness could be adjusted depending on ambient light that would be logical.
Comments
Farmlife
Novice

Would love to see an upgrade to the pro 2 systems that allow you to set an auto adjust time for the brightness. It is currently something that has to be done manually and if you forget to adjust the brightness down from the evening all you see is WHITE on the daytime recordings. Very ineffective security system if you cant see anything.

biberwoke95
Novice

Recently got these cameras, and now thinking I've made a mistake buying them. There's no feature to calibrate brightness based on time of day. Important areas are either massively over-exposed during the day, or completely under-exposed at night. Pretty basic functionality (and something they could easily build), conspicuously absent from the Arlo interface.

I sent feedback to Arlo, and was told to post on their 'ideas' site. So I go there and search, and this feature has been requested at least 10 times(!) on that site as well as here on Reddit. I point that out, and I'm then told that I should add my request anyway, cos none of the existing requests mention the particular model of camera I have. 🙄

Seems like this ideas graveyard is just a way for Arlo to avoid actually discussing shortcomings with users.

I'm also having a problem with the Android app periodically logging me out. Again, I reported this but they seem to have no interest in actually fixing it.

Genuinely curious... Has anyone here ever had any success getting Arlo to fix or improve anything?