Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arm & Disarm keypad

I have an idea, because IFTTT or stringify buttons on my phone for some reason don't always work, or geo fencing.

The idea is an arlo wirelessss keypad, to arm and disarm your arlo devices, or custom rules just like how we can set them up on the webportal or phone apps.

You would need to put grace period in which after you arm using the keypad it will give you some time before you leave the house to fully arm.

If you have a camera on an entry point with your keypad, you can give that a grace period too, so that it wont instantly set off your alarm, email or push notification, if the keypad is pressed with the correct combination within 15 seconds or so.

Regards,
Jeremy

Comments
Plozzac
Novice

The biggest thing I would like to see out of Arlo is a Wireless Keypad that can arm and disarm Arlo.
This would make Arlo far more appealing to small business as it is not always desirable to give people access to the system from their phones but need to be able to disarm and arm Arlo(employees).
Add the ability for a camera to have a notification delay. This way it would give time to enter the keypad codes to arm and disarm without sending notifications unnecessarily if a camera was pointed at the keypad.
Keypad would override phone settings.
Could add the ability to assign codes to user names to track who is arming and disarming.
This keypad you also be helpful for home users as well.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

kmc100
Onlooker

I agree, we use this sa home security and I WISH that Arlo would make a wireless keypad that I can use to arm and disarm the system either upstairs or at the doors.

Hopefully they will take this onboard or another developer will come in and fill the gap.

kmc100
Onlooker

I agree, we use this at home security and I WISH that Arlo would make a wireless keypad that I can use to arm and disarm the system either upstairs or at the doors.

Hopefully they will take this onboard or another developer will come in and fill the gap.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Miagi
Tutor

Would be a fantastic addon. 

alex_johnson1
Novice
I was wondering, seeing as the Arlo system offers an audible alarm system, whether there was any integration that would allow a keypad to ar/disarm the arlo system? I am using the arlo light, internally as a PIR sensor to set off the arlo base station alarm. I also have a number of cameras setup for external monitoring, but these just send alerts. (rather than set the alarm off). I have a number of holiday LETs properties and have Arlo installed at one so far, but would find it very difficult to manage arming/disarming the system for paying guests as I would have to monitor their movements and determine if they were in/out to arm/disarm the system. What would be very useful is a keypad at the door that would allow manual arming/disarming of the system.. Does anyone know of any plans for such a keypad and or some other integration that might be suitable?
MogensDenmark
Novice

A keypad would be a very usefull item!! I have a small clinic, where we are 10 persons, and it would be very usefull, if there where a wireless keypad for Arlo. I have Arlo in my private home, where it could be usefull as well, and I would love to install it in my clinic, but it would be useless right now.

This thread startet in March 2018 by Ninjer, and I am very surpriced, that Arlo support haven't answered yet!? Only that they are happy for the discussion, but nothing else?? And it is impossible to mail or chat with them??

jrag78
Novice

I agree 100% about the keypad.  I do not think I will expand with this system for security because of this.  All other security systems have a keypad.

Elowe228
Tutor

Keypad would be a great feature many use cases. There are plenty of time I like to run out the door to grab something or even go for a jog leaving my phone at home. This would resolve the issue of not being able to arm the system.

The Keypad in my opinion would only need to be able to see one of the modes and that could be set by the app.