Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo stand-alone desktop application

The web based application is convenient when logging in from some computer at a remote location, however it would be nice to have an Arlo application on the local network as sometimes there's problems connecting to the cameras - and it would be nice to rule out any possible browser/flash related issues.

Comments
Yokomo
Novice

I bought these for use on my (somewhat large) boat so I could view the sides.  I cannot find any way to use these offline (and many locations we go are offline).  

I guess I have to return them?

This would be extremely useful, expecially with desktop notification. The fact that the site video requires flash alone annoys me. 

DERRON88
Novice

I WAS INSTALLING ARLO BUT I THINK THAT I ENTER THE WRONG ID NUMBER CAN SOME ONE HELL ME HOW CAN I CHANGE THIS ?

DERRON88
Novice

i try installing my system but i thing that i in stall the wrong number i install  4cd2635w161b4 but it suppose to be 2c30033ff2b4f how can i change that ?

JamesC
Community Manager

DERRON88,

When claiming your base station the s/n for the base station will auto-populate once found. There is no way or need to change the number once the base station is claimed.

JamesC

jas2016
Fledgling

A easy workaround for desktop notifications 

is to run Arlo on an andriod device.

Push your notifications via an app by pushbullet

You can download pushbullet for your pc.

So it will have popup notifications 

tsmc-net
Aspirant

I too need this option!

60 hours without internet (home) access, running on generator power. The Arlo camreas continued functioning saving to my local USB drive. but I can only access the USB feed by ejecting the drive and connecting it to my desktop. BTW need internet service to eject the local drive! Whats up with that?

Please port the Arlo app to function as a local (LAN) standalone app!

psg
Fledgling
Fledgling

Trying to install new wireless ARLO camera system on MacBook Pro OS 10 with Netgear Model B90-755044-15  router.  Apple Store says ARLO app is for IOS 9 or above for Ipad.  How/where do I download app for MacBook Pro?  Or can the system be used without the app on MacBook?  (Quickstart guide says 'download app for best experience.')  I do not need remote access to pictures; just from MacBook locally.  Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager

psg,

When using a computer, log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com

JamesC