Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Arlo external DC chime Support

In my experience I would say that the vast majority of existing chimes in the UK have been battery powered for many, many years and I can’t understand why these are not supported. Mains support (if provided) is usually an optional DC transformer. Mine is a 3v Honeywell digital chime but my father’s is a traditional ding dong chime and it’s battery powered too. All that is required is a momentary closing of the circuit so I think that it might be possible to reproduce this by means of a firmware update. As I slide my doorbell into place in the bracket my chime rings once with the switch in position 1 because the circuit must be closed momentarily during this process. However it does not operate with any subsequent button push..

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!