Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras that use a power adapter instead of batteries

I love the fact that Arlo cameras are 100% wire-free but I would also like to see a powered camera offered so I don't have to worry about buying batteries for cameras that are in locations where there is an accessible wall outlet.

Comments
lootolooto
Fledgling

Here is a quick pic.Arlo Pic 1.jpg

Note in the picture the 2 greens are connected and the 2 yellow clips are connected. Then I soldered the gray computer cables, one to the green and the other to the yellow. The green goes to Neg (-) and the yellow goes to Pos (+).

Let me know if you want to see more pictures and I will be happy to share how I built my cables.

Miyazakibath
Follower

I've been trying to figure out why the batteries of my 2 cameras die so quickly even after I put it on a tight schedule. For us this means only when our buisness is closed (no one on premise) do the cameras go on, since our concerns are breakins not customers or employees stealing. Because of this, I fail to understand why the batteries are dead. This is a real problem and at this point I'm really not happy with this product. Really... I have to hack the system to make it work for us????? Frustrated!!!

JamesC
Community Manager

Miyazakibath,

It could be poor signal strength or wireless interference causing battery drain. For tips on how to improve battery life, take a look here: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera’s battery life?

JamesC

swedish78
Aspirant

Same here alot of problem with battery get draned very fast in short time.

Right now i have 5 cameras but only two are working, have had the system for one year now, it cost alot of money, need to change batteries all the time 2-3 months(4-5 times x20 batteries per year winter especially).

Would really appreciate if netgear could construct a adapter(220 volt) for our arlo cameras that we can buy so the cost in the long run would go down(less battery changes).

To buy the new set up of cameras of netgear is for me out of the question because its really expansive and i have all ready spend so much money.

I have tried to sell my cameras but a soon as they ask me about the up time(with batteries) people don`t want to buy them, for me this cameras in the long run is wast of money and bad business.

_nd345
Initiate

For the ArloPro cameras, there are already 25ft+ cables on amazon, just plug a camera to one of these via an attic outlet.

EZSecurity
Aspirant

How is this "implemented"? I can't buy an outdoor Arlo camera that I can plug-in and forget about. I want to buy an outdoor Arlo to place in a very hard place to get and I definitely don't want the hassle of having to grab a ladder and replace the batteries several times a year, or ever. I just want to set it up and not have to mess with it again. This is the only reason why I will probably go with a Ring Spotlight camera instead. That's unfortunate bc I actually like the Arlo app better.

raul_cortee_us
Onlooker

Arlo microUSB PowerArlo microUSB PowerI modified my cameras to run from old Cellphone USB Chargers. I designed a replacement door and made 3D printed parts. I used a 20ft microUSB cable that I got in Amazon to reach the camera from the Garage power outlet. I also added an APC UPS to ensure the cameras still run if power goes off.

XxRKDOxX
Onlooker

@raul_cortee_us

Thank you so much for your idea ! Would you be able to E-Mail me the template for this battery cover you created? Thanks !

xRKDOx@AIM.Com       

raul_cortee_us
Onlooker
raul_cortee_us
Onlooker

My camera cover (Only for USB Cable listed in my instructable link...

https://grabcad.com/library/arlo-camera-door-1