Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Camera like Ultra 4K that connects directly to router and with HomeKit integration without SmartHub

Dear Arlo team,

I'm a proud user of Arlo Q cameras, but I'm, relatively soon, be looking for 4K solutions. I love my Arlo Qs, and would consider your Arlo Ultra 4K if there wouldn't be a need for a hub/station.

Would you consider releasing a product like the Ultra 4K, but that connects direct to the router, and with HomeKit integration?

I'm really looking forward for a product like this.

Thank you!

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

Cwmmmm
Luminary

I would highly encourage you to check out any of the cameras listed that recently just got released or announced that will come out soon for your needs.

you can use these cameras without a smart hub and connects directly to your wifi.

arlo video doorbell

arlo battery video doorbell 

Arlo essential 

arlo essential xl (12 month battery life)

arlo pro 3 floodlight 

Arlo pro 4 

Arlo ultra 2 

hope this helps! 
have a great day. 

GOliveira
Aspirant

Thanks @Cwmmmm !

I just checked those new cameras. They are interesting, but I think at this point in the game is a big omission that they don't support HomeKit. The only one that supports it is the Ultra 2, but even then it only supports HomeKit through a Base station (
2. Apple HomeKit compatibility requires a compatible base station. ).

@JessicaP please, is it possible to ask the development team to try make the Ultra 2 compatible with HomeKit without the need of a base station? That's kinda the one thing that will hold me from jumping into this camera. I need a HomeKit camera that doesn't require a base station. Please see if this is possible. I already own 2 Arlo cameras (Arlo Q) and really would like to upgrade, and acquire extras, to ones that are HomeKit compatible, but without the need of a base station.

It would be super nice if the new Doorbell would also support HomeKit without base station, if possible.

Thank you!

Mohntaingoat
Novice

So, I waited to get the pro 4, because connectivity with the base stations, well, sucked.  Unfortunately it looks like HomeKit only works with the base station?  If so, any plans to fix that gap?

geof54
Fledgling

simular question here, 

I have 9 Pro 4 cameras connected to 3 Orbi meshed WiFi hubs due to the distance I need to cover. Is there an option to connect one of the Arlo Hubs or Base Stations to the same WiFi network and use it for homekit? if not, what options do I have now or in the near future to add Homekit to the Pro 4 cameras which are designed to use WiFi without a hub. Threads maybe?

thanks

Mohntaingoat
Novice

That is exactly my setup - the base stations have lousy coverage (they're useless over about 20' away, and don't offer any flexibility in wifi configuration).  We need a homekit secure video option that doesn't require using a hub (or at least doesn't require using one for actual connectivity).

Arlo, how about a comment here?