Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro solar panel in white

Will Netgear launch a WHITE version of the solar panel for the Arlo Pro camera? It showed a couple of months ago on the site as a future option but it has since been deleted. 

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

mcs00mil
Initiate

Not sure why what happened in the design statge of the Arlo solar panel. The entire system is white so why does the solar panel only come in black with a black cabel?. Will there be a white solar panel in the future. Also I have 2 cameras that are basicaly back to back at a corner and do not receive a lot of activations thus do not each require a lot of time to recharge via solar panel. It would be nice if they could both be connected to the same solar panel and auto switch from one to the other when the battery reaches 100% charge.

EYESCAN
Tutor

Yes I agree with the other comments.  You would think since the cameras and other accessories are white that it would be a natural progression to do the same with the solar panel.   The only reason I could think of is that it was cost prohibitive at the time and/or black was the only color their manufacturer could provide.  Regardless, Netgear needs to change it to white, otherwise it throws the whole design scheme off.

brh
Master
Master

"It would be nice if they could both be connected to the same solar panel and auto switch from one to the other when the battery reaches 100% charge."

Totally agree with this statement 100%.

Brian

steve_t
Master

I'd love a white one too. If you like the idea, make sure you add kudos (thumbs up) on the original post. The more the idea gets, the more likely it is to be implemented

Remmy680
Novice

Yeah seriously, white blends in a lot more then straight black.  I've never seen a house with black vinyl siding! Everything is white, why would the accessoy be black?!

ChiefPatriot
Novice
When will the White Arlo Pro 2 Solar Panels be available?
Glove52
Novice
I agree with this. Make it $100 and I’d buy a white ones