Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
danxp
Fledgling

Boy, I am sooooo glad I did not wait for this embarrassment of a product...  an AUDIO doorbell?? 

Arlo, I was willing to cough up at least $500-$1000 to get into your home security ecosystem...  I bought the ring video doorbell and haven't looked back...  I'm very pleased with it...

The community has been asking for it for over a year now and you finally come up with this product?   Puh-lease!  You guys really dropped the ball...

I will give you guys a free product idea...  ring or nest do not have a peephole camera...  that is where you can make up some ground...  if you build a competent version of this I may jump ship...

In the meantime don't clickbait people into thinking you have a video doorbell when all you have is a glorified intercom...

Good luck!

Epitaph
Initiate

How come the company known for making security cameras can't get a smart doorbell right. A doorbell with a camera would let me acutally see who's at the door.

Britautoguy
Novice

I really like my Arlo cameras but I’m giving constructive criticism. I was hoping you would release a doorbell, however the new doorbell is going to be poorly received.  I want a doorbell with a camera combined. I don’t want to have purchase an $80 doorbell and a $150 camera to go with it. There is a lot of competition in this area. Please combine a camera and doorbell so I only have to by one device. I’ll be the first to purchase one. Thank you for listening.  

I agree with Britautoguy, the new audio doorbell is a disappointment when compared to other smart doorbells.  I wanted Arlo to release a camera doorbell not an audio-only doorbell.  Why would a person spend $80 on an audio doorbell and then at least another $150 to $200 for an Arlo Camera (excluding $20 exterior mount) when a person can get a Ring 1080p Video doorbell for $150 (mounting equipment included).

Also, imagine if someone does not have an Arlo camera, but only has the audio doorbell.  All a malicious person has to do is play a recording of a baby crying to get the person to open the door.  Without a camera the homeowner would have no way to know if there really was a baby crying outside or not.

Same thing goes for the Arlo Security Lights.  I have wanted Arlo to release an Arlo camera with built-in lights, not have to get two separate devices and attach two separate things to the outside of my house.  Again, Ring already has wireless cameras with built-in lights for less money than an Arlo Pro 2 camera.

All of this plus the abject failure of the 2.6 Arlo app, and I have gone from an Arlo devotee and promoter to trying out competitors.

Whoever is in charge of product development needs to be fired.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo Audio Doorbell is designed to complement your Arlo camera system. Keeping the doorbell and camera separate lets you combine an Arlo Audio Doorbell with any Arlo wire-free camera of your choice. You also have the freedom to place your Arlo wire-free cameras anywhere around your front door so you can see more than what’s directly in front of your doorbell button.

Kingbetsy555
Aspirant

I, like others, would like to see an integrated camera and doorbell so that I may use it in addition to a separate camera hidden in the shrubs for the sidewalk. This combination would also keep customers from having to put additional holes in their framework. I decided to not purchase the doorbell and an additional camera during Black Friday, which would have been my 5th camera, as I have hopes there will be a product in the works.  I'll gladly save my last camera allowance for the integrated doorbell. 

cabrioartie
Fledgling

This is a needed feature. Without the camera you are forcing me to consider a competitors product. Having a camera doorbell should be a must have in the product line. It performs a different function compared to what you currently offer. 

Also, the doorbell should be able to ring on all Alexas' in the house.

RoosterPapa
Initiate

I bought the Arlo doorbell without reading the instruction or watch or review online.  I found out that the Doorbell does not have a camera so I am very dissappointed.  This will be a great product if the Doorbell have the camera included.  I will re-turn the Doorbell and hope the manufacture will release the doorbell with a camera.  Since the audio Doorbell isn't work well with the existing camera if you IPhone is locked when you recived the call and you have to switch back and for to view the video.  Thumb down for the new Arlo Doorbell.

RoosterPapa
Initiate

Alro audio DoorBell desgin is a step down in comparision with your compititor.  

Arlo team need to come up a Doorbell with camera included because I will not spend $80 to buy a Doorbell, camemar and the Base to use the Doorbell video function.  It is a stupid idea!

Kiflalife
Novice

Understanding that Arlo’s audio doorbell is supposed to be combined with a camera if one wants to see wh o’s ringing, but I would really want to see Arlo introducing a Doorbell that has a camera integrated so I can use my existing camera for a different place. Arlo team, are you working on this and when can we expect to see it coming to market?

Thank you!