Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments

JamesC,

What say you? Any chance we’ll see an Arlo doorbell camera within the next year?

It would be great if Netgear could offer a doorbell camera combination like literally every other home security camera manufacturer is doing right now .
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Partially Implemented

Arlo Doorbell is now available for purchase. For more information, take a look here: Arlo Audio Doorbell (AAD1001)

brh
Master
Master

I saw last night that Best Buy is selling them now but not Amazon.

Brian

JimBlu
Guide

Is this a stand alone audio bell,with a separate app or do you need arlo pro? Also what is the lag time on the app notification on your phone. How many people can use the app?

Thanks

techmex
Follower

This Arlo doorbell is petty lame.  I think everyone was looking for a true doorbell camera option.  I know I was, since a while back.  Thanks Arlo, but Inhave already moves onto Neat products.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi JimBlu,

The Arlo Audio Doorbell functions with the current App. The Doorbell can also utilize the Arlo Cameras. I have attached the Web page regarding the Doorbell below. 

Arlo Audio Doorbell

Mschlaudraff
Follower

So, this is just a wireless doorbell, I already have that.  Completely useless really.  

It needs to be an Arlo Camera Doorbell.  WOW, you all really missed the mark on this one.

JamesC,

Thank you for the link to the product page.   On that page take a look at the picture of the person standing on the front porch.   You’ll notice that she is looking unnaturally up high so her face can actually be seen by the Arlo camera. Criminals who come to your front door aren’t going to be looking up and waiving at your security camera perched overhead.   They are going to keep their heads down and forward and the only way to get a good image of their face is by having a camera positioned at the same height and location as a doorbell button.  

No one, literally no one, was asking for a “smarter, faster way to answer [their] door”.   Everyone has been asking for a video doorbell combination.  And everyone is still waiting ( or purchasing solutions from the growing list of competitors).

ShayneS, 

As an employee are you able to fill us in as to when an actual video doorbell will become available?

Thank you.