Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
Nethalite
Apprentice
Can't wait for this to be out. have features of 1080p 180 wide lens view might have speakers though I prefer it didnt to be less bulky with a compact design and less inconspicuous.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Future Consideration

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

danxp
Fledgling

this would be perfect...  i would buy a system that has this right away...

i really need this feature...  having a camera at an above door height will not allow you to recognize anyone...  all a perpetrator would have to do is wear a baseball cap to hide his face...

a camera at eye-level (peephole) would do the trick...  this feature would be a dealMAKER for me...  why not have 2 versions of this idea:

basic version:

- effectively have another arlo pro camera that fits into the peephole of your front door...  make it so that all you'd have to do is remove the existing peephole viewer and replace with the arlo pro peephole camera...  you'll have to change the battery design to make the back end of camera flatter so that it doesn't jut out from the back of the door...

ehanced version (include any or all of the proposed features):

- have a screen on the back side to 'live view'

- attach a physical doorbell to the camera on front

- attach a knocker to the doorbell

- AA or AAA batteries

- SD card built-in to unit

- allow integration with smart locks to open door remotely

adman0127
Novice

PLEASE add Doorbell Camera or integrate with one already on the market like Skybell. I have an Arlo PRO 5 camera system now and want to add a doorbell camera. How about also allowing the doorbell camera being an add-on camera even if you are at your max of 5 cameras for the system before having to add the monthly subscription. Would also be nice to add temperature reading for cameras.

If you use Samsung Smartthing it will bring in the doorbell and your camera under one app

hmurchison
Onlooker

Doorbell is an absolute must. In fact it should have come before the Arlo Go

DFS1
Onlooker

I have found a solution to my prooblem of being alerted to motion while sleeping.  if you go to site https://ifttt.com/ you can set applets so that you receive a phone call when your cameras are armed and motion is detected. therefore if I am asleep and motion is detected by the cameras I am woken up by the phone ringing.

beckettpauln
Guide
Having just bought a Ring doorbell I have been thinking about this too! Actually an Arlo doorbell, with no other functionality (therefore low cost), integrated with an Arlo Pro would be better functionality than a Ring or SkyBell device!

Please release an Arlo doorbell.
beckettpauln
Guide
A simple Arlo doorbell, with no additional functionality other than a button, would suffice if user already has an Arlo camera in position!

An Arlo Pro, with a (seperate) Arlo doorbell button would replace my Ring doorbell for a more integrated solution!!

Plus a standard button (with no other functionality) should be low cost!!!

Note, the following thread should be merged into this one! https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/DOORBELL-CAMERAS/idi-p/1193055