Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
Mulciber
Novice

I'd buy this as soon as it's released...you have paying customers just waiting for this product, Arlo.

k-l-a
Tutor

YESS!!

RockerSBM
Guide

Hi Arlo/Netgear,

I'm hoping you guys will be bring a doorbell security camera out like the ring one. Any plans of any sort for it?

I don't want to buy the Ring if you guys are bringing one out. I would like to keep it all one product.

I also may get an alarm put inside the Arlo q too like Canary has.

Then you will be the number 1 home security systerm.

Cheers,

Shaun 

monoambiente
Guide
I would like a bell door that works over wifi Arlo system and allow us to answer the call by Arlo app. It had better if could work as a sixth free camera with anti thieves system. It could record when someone approach to front door.
T-Man
Follower

One more idea for the WISH-LIST:

It would be GREAT to have an associated wireless doorbell product from Arlo/NetGear that could tie into our base stations and provide us with live video (or short video clips) and two-way audio anytime someone approaches our door (as well as, of course, sounding an audible -- and hopefully user-programmable -- "chime") -- whether we're home or not!

Seems like a no-brainer addition to the product line -- the other "one off" wireless doorbell products on the market are remarkably expensive and limited in their functionality compared to Arlo gear in general...

JimBlu
Guide

It would be great to have an integrated doorbell camera with audio that could be integrated into the Arlos system.

JamesC
Community Manager

JimBlue,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

DFS1
Onlooker

I second this idea.

DFS1
Onlooker

Can you delvelop an Audio Chime for when motion is detected by cameras.  Ring Doorbell has a wireless chime that is activated when the button is pushed.

I only view my cell phone app alerts during the day, it would be nice to have an audio alert that would wake me in the night if the camera detected motion. 

This would truly enhance the security aspect.  Now I just get to enjoy a video of thieves breaking into my vehicle while I sleep.

CJ180
Star
This is a great idea. I have toyed with getting a Ring doorbell but am hoping that netgear would release a similar device and tie it in with the Arlo ecosystem.