Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Doorbell camera

Hi there,

there is a product that I nearly purchased, sent to me from iPhone magazine, it's called "Skybell WIFI Doorbell"

Which is obviously a doorbell with a camera that communicates with your router & smartphone, and not only can you see the person, you can talk to them too. Plus it was waterproof. I thought I really want something like that, but what stopped me buying it was it was not totally wireless like the Arlo systems I have bought. It needs to connect to a physical power source, not battery powered, so given that total wireless was the main reason for my netgear Arlo purchases, I couldn't buy that doorbell system.

I really hope that Netgear and their Arlo team come to up with something similar, as I would definitely buy one if it was available.

Cheers

Ross

Comments
placerman
Guide
Put the arlo Q into a doorbell replacement unit & you have sales!
Dbordeaux
Novice
Would love, love an Argo camera doorbell unit integrated into my current Argo camera system. There are many other doorbell camera units currently on the market.
Rorytug
Novice

Yes please.  A doorbell camera with the features of Ring that will work on a security gate that is part of the 5 camera set up for the ARLO.  Yes please.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

MickeyT
Fledgling

I agree, I have been thinking about purchasing the i-bell (note nothing to do with apple)

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

Truearlo
Onlooker

I live in the small gated condo community, and have recently had strangers knocking at my door. I start to worry about security, as well as stolen package deliveries,  which is to becoming more and more common. I want to install a  movement activated peephole camera to replace the current peephole.  I cannot find anything decent at the marketplace.  I managed to get one recently but there is no night vision, and  does not provide remote viewing.   Since I have Arlo and Arlo Q, it would be great to integrate  of people camera into the existing platform.  Arlo, please  tell me that you are making one!  

JamesC
Community Manager

Truearlo,

I do not currently have any information on this being a product available in the future. It is however a great idea and I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post there so that your idea gets proper exposure.

Thank you,

JamesC

Schorschi
Prodigy

Truearlo wrote:

I want to install a  movement activated peephole camera to replace the current peephole.  I cannot find anything decent at the marketplace.  I managed to get one recently but there is no night vision, and  does not provide remote viewing.  

Have you considered the Ring Doorbell yet?

Has night vision, 170° field of view, audio, an intercom and triggers on motion and button push. Works with or without existing doorbell wires.

Truearlo
Onlooker

Yes I have considered the Ring Door Bell.  But my condo community currently already has a wired door bell on the outside wall and I don't know how to rip it out - the HOA might not like it.  If I am desperate, I might buy a Ring.  Given that Arlo should be capable of doing this, I'd like to have one app that control them all.  There should be great market opportunities for this.  I will repost this to the "Idea Exchange" forum as suggested.