Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Alerting Mechanism for Base Station / Camera Offline

Our installation will be very remote beach house. There is a need for mains failure detection in case intruder has deliberately switched of the power. This would be a nice sofware update feature.

Comments
lawson1911
Initiate

ShayneS,

This thread myself included has been asking for this exact feature since 2016.  Would be nice to know if this is even being considered or is in a road map somewhere.

2Neos
Onlooker
ShayneS, neither the app settings nor the browser settings allow you to restart an offline base station remotely. If this is a feature that is already supposed to exist, that solves all my concerns (although the offline notification would be awesome!). But I just checked both my app and My Arlo via browser and it only allows you to change the name or remove the base station when it is offline. ???? Thanks!
DG10
Star

This is a critical feature. If the base station goes offline, Netgear/Arlo should send email/text indicating this asap, including time of last communication with base station and number of minutes/hours offline. Alert should be sent hourly (or configurable). 

DG10
Star

This is a critical feature. If the base station goes offline, Netgear/Arlo should send email/text indicating this asap, including time of last communication with base station and number of minutes/hours offline. Alert should be sent hourly (or configurable). 

rlorenzo
Onlooker
To be cynical, I believe the reason this haven't been implemented yet is that we would then realized how flaky the Arlo system really is. There have been several times in which I have to of my cameras pointed to the same area in different angles but only one of them picked up a recording. Or both of them missed it. Maybe it was because they lost connection to the base station? In any case I hope I'm wrong and that they do implemented this... Just get ready for lots of the reports of missing connection only for the cameras to come back a few minutes later.
dhung
Apprentice

I agree, as the system always hand shake with the Arlo server, if there is a setting that will notify user thier Arlo system is off-line, at least we know what is going on

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

ditto, my honeywell thermostats notify me if offline, so should the base stations.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

dpan16
Follower

Currently, a user doesn't know if a camera goes offline without logging in and seeing that a camera has gone offline.  If would be nice if Arlo notifies us if it detects that a previously online camera goes offline.  Either via a notification on our phone or via an email (just like the battery notification emails).  I imagine this should be easy.  

I don't log into my Arlo app daily, so I could be missing out on many days worth of footage without even knowing one of my cameras is offline.  

Thanks

Rayda
Aspirant

Can't believe it doesn't! Notification on any power/network change or issue is a must, if Arlo wants to be considered as a security system solution.