Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell Schedule "Silent Mode"

I just got the audio doorbell and I like the "Silent Mode" option but I would like it better if I could add this to the scheduling already in the app.  We have a young child and I'd like to silence the doorbell while he is napping for example.  I can do it via the app without too much trouble but I'm worried I'll forget to turn it off.

Another option would be to have the silent mode allow a duration (e.g. silent mode for the next X hours) or until a certain time (e.g. silent mode until 3:00 pm).

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @bscardin,

Thanks for posting your idea! The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

MrEricM
Tutor

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but it's one of the only valid results on Google for "Arlo Doorbell Scheduling". Just wanted to throw in my support for this feature as well. I like the Arlo doorbell, but Silent mode really needs to be able scheduled like the cameras can be. (Time & Location based scheduleing, SmartThings support, etc.)

It's a pain to have someone come to the door while you're home, answer the door, have your phone go off because you forgot to activate Silent mode, and then have the doorbell ask if they'd like to leave a message as you're standing right there.

david8704
Apprentice

Agree, miss it a lot. 

Tmmedic20
Novice

Definitely a much needed feature. 

joecw
Aspirant

This would be great.  Or additionally,  maybe have the feature toggle linked to Arlo modes.  Need something to change it other than manual please.

Jljohnb
Initiate

Agreed, much needed.  Assumed that was already part of modes when purchased.  Disappointed it is not.  Hope it's added.  Send like it should be simple enough.

jromash
Fledgling

Definitely needed.

Actually very surprised it is missing since Arlo makes arlo baby.

Would be awesome to have it linked with the Mode for cameras or possibly even more creepy, somehow recognize when child is detected on arlo baby cam to automatically silence doorbell.

utrockets
Novice

I also assumed this was going to be a standard feature and was disappointed that its not. Please make it happen soon. I want to be able to schedule the chime to be “silent” when my child sleeps and still receive doorbell calls to my phone. Thanks

StephenB
Guru

>>>

I want to be able to schedule the chime to be “silent” when my child sleeps and still receive doorbell calls to my phone. 

>>>

Right.  It's important to be able to schedule the chime and the doorbell independently (and both should also have a "do not disturb" mode.

EHilly
Novice

I would really like to see this feature as it was the main reason for purchasing the new door bell.