Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Audio Doorbell Integration with Google Assistant

Hi, are there plans to add integration between the Arlo Doorbell and Google Assistant? Specifically it would be great if it's possible to have the Google Home and Home Hub make an announcement when the doorbell is pressed. Ideally the Home Hub should bring up the attached camera as well.  Thanks.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Genmidi,

Thanks for posting your idea.  The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

SamHuns
Novice

Why can't the Audio Doorbell be integrated into Google Home and with Google Assistant just like the cameras are?  It'd unlock a robust feature set if Arlo would get with the game plan on this.

endokendo
Novice

it is possible to have a 2 way audio only conversation with the Arlo Audio doorbell and Google Home or Amazon Echo devices?

BajaVillaDotCom
Fledgling

Yes, having the ability to use Google Home as your chime is what I am looking for. Having the ability to talk through the doorbell using Google home would be great.

TeazeJay
Aspirant

I will be a happy camper when this functionality becomes live. 

maudieinto
Aspirant

Does Google Home have a way to be set up to answer the Audio Doorbell when the button is pushed?  I can hear  my mechanical chime, so I don't need a chime on the Google Nest Hub.  If I have my hands full in the kitchen, I just want to talk to who's at the door.

maudieinto
Aspirant

How about adding push to talk for the audio doorbell when I'm logged into my account on a Macbook or through Google Nest Hub?  I'd like to be able to talk through the doorbell:

1. When the the doorbell is rung.

2. When ever I want.

I can do it with my Pro 2 camera, so you've got the code.

maudieinto
Aspirant

I vote for 2 way audio conversation with the Arlo Audio doorbell and Google Home.  The cameras can do it, so you've got the code.

ChristianW58
Follower

I also need the 2 way audio for the arlo pro 3 camera as well as a notifier when someone is in the activity zone for Google home. Please add. My Google nest hub also has a microphone and sound is already received by the Google nest hub. So this should work somehow? 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We want to let you know that it will only work with a Google Home Hub, a Chromecast device, a TV with Chromecast, a media player with Chromecast. or the Google Assistant app on your mobile device.