Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Arlo App - 2.6.2_22800 Android Motion Icon Not Correct

The recent Arlo App - 2.6.2_22800 Update on Android properly shows the battery icon on the main window but the motion icon from the settings window on each individual camera remains on no matter if camera is armed or disarmed. Any chance of getting this fixed as well as the motion icon back on the main window like the battery icon?

Comments
jguerdat
Guru

For the record, that doesn't necessarily work any better. I have an August Smart Lock that uses GPS and WiFi connection to unlock the door. There's a significant number of times it fails. There's no reason to think the adding the WiFi connection to Arlo would work any better.

soyee7
Apprentice

If it's developed correctly it should work a lot better than GPS at identify when you're at known wifi locations.

I'm sorry that your August smart Locks implimentation of that feature is no good.

@soyee7 wrote:
If it's developed correctly it should work a lot better than GPS at identify when you're at known wifi locations.

I'm sorry that your August smart Locks implimentation of that feature is no good.

If they do that, they would need to account for more than one SSID for some segment of the user base.  People often use diffferent names for 5g or extended networks.  I also have a second SSID that I have connected to a DSL circuit I use for out-of-band management of my equipment when I’m away.  So I can bounce modems on one side or the other without losing connection to the equipment.

soyee7
Apprentice
Agreed. And all that is when developing it is adding the SSIDs to a list/array.

Their will inherently be things that can trip this up such as duplicate SSIDs or the energy consumption used to query the SSID on the phone multiple times but overall this should be a very foolproof method.